President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
President Ilham Aliyev said that he recently had a phone conversation with President of the Republic of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan on the occasion of the Eid al-Adha, adding that they maintain regular contacts. Touching upon the importance of a trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish foreign ministers in Baku, the head of state noted that this meeting also created a good opportunity for discussing bilateral relations between the countries.
Saying that there are a number of issues to be discussed between the three countries, President Ilham Aliyev underlined that good results have already been achieved in areas such as politics, economy, energy and transport.
The head of state noted that the work carried out among the three countries is of great importance for both the countries themselves and the whole region. Stressing that meetings in this format have been held for several years, President Ilham Aliyev said that these gatherings proved to be an important and exemplary trilateral format for addressing both political and economic issues.
Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu extended greetings of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to the head of state. Mevlut Cavusoglu emphasized that the trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Georgian and Turkish foreign ministers is important for stability and economic development of the region where the three countries are situated.
The Turkish FM expressed his gratitude to the head of state for Azerbaijan`s contributions to these works.
The Azerbaijani President thanked for the greetings of Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and asked Mevlut Cavusoglu to communicate his greetings to the Turkish President.
They also exchanged views over issues of cooperation between the two countries.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey Mevlut Cavusoglu.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 07.06.2018Santa Monica proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 06.09.2017Turkish, Georgian foreign ministers meet in Baku
- 06.09.2017Lawyer: No appeal from Israel over Lapshin’s extradition
- 06.09.2017Erdogan to visit Azerbaijan in late September
- 05.09.2017Azerbaijan to appoint trade representatives in embassies, consulates
- 05.09.2017Georgia MFA: Cooperation plan to be approved at ministerial meeting in Baku
- 05.09.2017Ali Hasanov: When did The Guardian write about truth about Azerbaijan?