President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkey’s energy minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Minister of Energy and Natural Resources of the Republic of Turkey Berat Albayrak.
Berat Albayrak extended congratulations of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and his wife Emine Erdogan to President Ilham Aliyev and his wife Mehriban Aliyeva on her appointment as First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
The head of state thanked for congratulations, and asked the Turkish minister to extend his greetings to President Erdogan and his wife.
President Aliyev underlined the importance of Turkey’s high-level representation at the Third Ministerial Meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor (SGC) Advisory Council. The head of state expressed his confidence that the ministerial meeting will make an outstanding contribution to realization of future plans.
Touching upon the upcoming referendum in Turkey, President Ilham Aliyev expressed his confidence that it will be excellently organized, reflect the will of the Turkish people and mark the beginning of a new, more stable stage in the life of the brotherly country.
The head of state thanked the Turkish government for support for the successful execution of TANAP project.
They hailed the excellent level of friendly and brotherly relations between Azerbaijan and Turkey against the backdrop of ongoing political and economic crisis in the world and in Europe.
Related news releases
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION
- 16.05.2018Israeli ambassador: Peace will not be attainable as long as Palestinians refuse to recognize Jewish people as a nation - INTERVIEW
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan names new deputy foreign minister
- 15.05.2018Palestinian ambassador: Trump ‘added fuel to the fire’ - INTERVIEW
- 15.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives former president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov met with the EU High Representative
- 14.05.2018President Aliyev congratulates Malaysian PM
- 23.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Italy enjoy high-level cooperation - UPDATED
- 23.02.2017Sefcovic: SGC of strategic importance for EU
- 23.02.2017Georgian PM phones Azerbaijani president
- 23.02.2017OSCE PA to start winter meeting in Vienna today
- 23.02.2017Georgian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan: Khojaly Genocide should find its legal appraisal