President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian minister of telecom and mass communications - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation Nikolay Nikiforov.
The successful development of bilateral relations between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation in a variety of fields, including in communications and technology areas was hailed at the meeting.
Russian Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications Nikolay Nikiforov recalled his meeting with President Ilham Aliyev in 2011 in the IT Park in the city of Kazan and the President's warm words to newly-founded companies as he signed a guest book during his visit there.
Nikolay Nikiforov noted that accompanied by his Azerbaijani counterpart he familiarized himself with a number of start-up projects which are underway in Azerbaijan. The Russian minister stressed the importance of expanding cooperation program in the field of technology.
Minister Nikolay Nikiforov underlined the participation of over 190 companies from more than 20 countries, including Russian companies, as well as ministers of a number of countries in the 23rd BakuTel-2017 exhibition, saying that this event has already become a traditional venue where ICT specialists can meet.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of the 23rd BakuTel-2017 exhibition and hailed Russia's high-level representation at the event. Saying that the launch of such an exhibition has already become a tradition, the head of state described it as an internationally important event in the field of advanced technologies.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that Minister Nikiforov's visit to Azerbaijan will contribute to expanding bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
They exchanged views on prospects for cooperation within postal and TASIM projects, using Azerbaijan’s transit opportunities.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijan brings energy security to Europe – MP
- 05.12.2017Mammadyarov: Moscow meeting will be ‘a good opportunity’ for preparation of convention on Caspian Sea legal status
- 05.12.2017Lavrov: We’re pleased with level of coop in ‘Caspian Five’
- 05.12.2017Ministerial meeting of Caspian littoral states gets underway in Moscow
- 04.12.2017Mahmud Mammadguliyev: "Next talks between EU and Azerbaijan on strategic partnership will be held in December"
- 04.12.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: Drugs grown in occupied Azerbaijani territories being transported to whole Europe