President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian minister of telecom and mass communications - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation Nikolay Nikiforov.
The successful development of bilateral relations between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Russian Federation in a variety of fields, including in communications and technology areas was hailed at the meeting.
Russian Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications Nikolay Nikiforov recalled his meeting with President Ilham Aliyev in 2011 in the IT Park in the city of Kazan and the President's warm words to newly-founded companies as he signed a guest book during his visit there.
Nikolay Nikiforov noted that accompanied by his Azerbaijani counterpart he familiarized himself with a number of start-up projects which are underway in Azerbaijan. The Russian minister stressed the importance of expanding cooperation program in the field of technology.
Minister Nikolay Nikiforov underlined the participation of over 190 companies from more than 20 countries, including Russian companies, as well as ministers of a number of countries in the 23rd BakuTel-2017 exhibition, saying that this event has already become a traditional venue where ICT specialists can meet.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of the 23rd BakuTel-2017 exhibition and hailed Russia's high-level representation at the event. Saying that the launch of such an exhibition has already become a tradition, the head of state described it as an internationally important event in the field of advanced technologies.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that Minister Nikiforov's visit to Azerbaijan will contribute to expanding bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
They exchanged views on prospects for cooperation within postal and TASIM projects, using Azerbaijan’s transit opportunities.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 16.10.2012President of Azerbaijan: “We are concerned over the rise of Islamophobic tendencies, insult of Islamic holies in some countries”
- 16.10.2012Pakistan’s President: “ECO countries should work hard to tighten ties”
- 16.10.2012Iranian President proposes to establish Political Forum of Economic Cooperation Organization
- 16.10.201212th Summit of Economic Cooperation Organization kicks off in Baku
- 16.10.2012Azerbaijan’s capital hosts summit of Economic Cooperation Organization
- 16.10.2012Turkish PM pays a visit to Azerbaijan