Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Vice Prime Minister of Romania Ana Birchall.
On behalf of herself and on behalf of the government of Romania, Ana Birchall expressed her condolences over the heavy casualties caused by a fire at the Republican Drug Rehabilitation Center in Baku.
The head of state thanked for the condolences.
Emphasizing the importance of the 6th Global Baku Forum to be organized by Nizami Ganjavi International Center, Ana Birchall said she is pleased to attend the event.
She stressed that the year 2017 marked the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The head of state said 2018 was declared as a Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
Ana Birchall said Romania is interested in a wider cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union, adding that her country will spare no effort in this regard.
Noting Azerbaijan’s key role in implementing the projects strategically important for Europe, Ana Birchall said Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country, which contributes to stability and security in the region. She said her country is keen to expand cooperation with Azerbaijan in all fields, expressing her confidence that the intergovernmental commission will play an important role in this.
The sides stressed that relations between Azerbaijan and Romania are at a high-level and described them as strategic. Great potential for cooperation between the two countries was underlined.
The sides underlined the significance of mutual support within international organizations, and pointed out the importance of mutual investment making and wider activities of the two countries’ companies in this field.
Related news releases
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 05.07.2018UN General Assembly can discuss draft resolution on situation in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.07.2018Official reception held in Baku in connection with anniversary of US independence
- 03.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Donald Trump on Independence Day
- 03.07.2018Permanent representatives of Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey address letter to UN Sec-Gen
- 03.07.2018About the tragicomic decision of PACE or the anatomy of “for life sanctioning” of 14 persons
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan plays great role in energy supplies to Europe – envoy
- 13.03.2018Concrete steps needed for resolution of frozen conflicts: Moldovan diplomat
- 13.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at int’l conference of OSCE PA Silk Road Support Group
- 13.03.2018Tsereteli: Decision on OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus to be made in coming weeks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018FM: Good governance in transport and trade facilitation is a priority of Azerbaijani gov’t
- 13.03.2018Development of economic co-op and trade relations discussed at Baku Silk Road conference