Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Vice Prime Minister of Romania Ana Birchall.
On behalf of herself and on behalf of the government of Romania, Ana Birchall expressed her condolences over the heavy casualties caused by a fire at the Republican Drug Rehabilitation Center in Baku.
The head of state thanked for the condolences.
Emphasizing the importance of the 6th Global Baku Forum to be organized by Nizami Ganjavi International Center, Ana Birchall said she is pleased to attend the event.
She stressed that the year 2017 marked the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The head of state said 2018 was declared as a Year of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic.
Ana Birchall said Romania is interested in a wider cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union, adding that her country will spare no effort in this regard.
Noting Azerbaijan’s key role in implementing the projects strategically important for Europe, Ana Birchall said Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country, which contributes to stability and security in the region. She said her country is keen to expand cooperation with Azerbaijan in all fields, expressing her confidence that the intergovernmental commission will play an important role in this.
The sides stressed that relations between Azerbaijan and Romania are at a high-level and described them as strategic. Great potential for cooperation between the two countries was underlined.
The sides underlined the significance of mutual support within international organizations, and pointed out the importance of mutual investment making and wider activities of the two countries’ companies in this field.
Related news releases
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs mull Karabakh separatists’ illegal visits to EU countries
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan asks France for support in talks on new deal with EU
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan, France to establish joint commission to boost ties
- 27.05.2018France’s Macron expected to visit Azerbaijan in late 2018
- 27.05.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani, French FMs kicks off in Baku
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit France in July
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev received French minister of Europe and foreign affairs - UPDATED
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan plays great role in energy supplies to Europe – envoy
- 13.03.2018Concrete steps needed for resolution of frozen conflicts: Moldovan diplomat
- 13.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at int’l conference of OSCE PA Silk Road Support Group
- 13.03.2018Tsereteli: Decision on OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus to be made in coming weeks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018FM: Good governance in transport and trade facilitation is a priority of Azerbaijani gov’t
- 13.03.2018Development of economic co-op and trade relations discussed at Baku Silk Road conference