Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan actively fighting wide-spread Islamophobia across the world
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Morocco Nasser Bourita.
Moroccan Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Nasser Bourita extended His Majesty King Mohammed VI’s best wishes both to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the country.
The minister said: “The king of Morocco His Majesty Mohammed VI highly appreciates his very good personal relationship with you and the successfully developing ties between our two countries.”
Minister Nasser Bourita noted that ahead of the anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, the Moroccan side is also preparing for the events to mark the 25th anniversary of the historic meeting between the late King of Morocco and the national leader of the Azerbaijani people Heydar Aliyev, which was held in Casablanca. The minister described that historic meeting as a basis for building very good relationship between the two countries, saying President Ilham Aliyev and the Moroccan King successfully continuing this path. He noted that the meeting of the joint commission to be held as part of his visit creates a good opportunity to discuss prospects for bilateral relations. The Moroccan minister hailed solidarity between the two countries on the international arena, saying Morocco supports the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and is grateful to Azerbaijan for supporting Morocco's territorial integrity.
Pointing to the growing Islamophobia and radicalism across the world, the minister underlined the importance of the two countries’ strengthening efforts to preserve the Islamic values globally.
The head of state noted that the bilateral relations between the two countries are successfully developing on solid grounds, saying that the foundation of these relations was laid by national leader Heydar Aliyev and the late King of Morocco.
President Ilham Aliyev said that the two countries demonstrate mutual solidarity in international organizations, including the UN and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), and emphasized the importance of mutual support for the two countries’ territorial integrity.
The head of state pointed to Azerbaijan’s contribution to the Islamic solidarity, underlining the existence of multiculturalism and religious tolerance in Azerbaijan. He noted that the country has become a venue for holding prestigious international events, including the Islamic Solidarity Games, and various international exhibitions and conferences in this regard. The President underlined the importance of presentations on the preservation of Islamic culture held by Azerbaijan in Europe, as well as ISESCO’s electing Nakhchivan as the Islamic Culture Capital for this year and Baku a few years ago.
“Today Azerbaijan is actively fighting the wide-spread Islamophobia across the world, and our countries demonstrate the same position on the international scene in this regard.”
Pointing to the economic ties, the head of state hailed the great potential for expanding bilateral cooperation in this area. He underlined the significance of increasing mutual trade and exploring investment opportunities to this end.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of His Majesty King Mohammed VI and asked the minister to extend his greetings to the Moroccan King.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 26.09.2016Belarusian defense minister: Azerbaijan – reliable friendly country in South Caucasus
- 26.09.2016Sept. 26 referendum was test of people’s trust in Azerbaijani president – ruling party
- 26.09.2016“Voting process in Azerbaijan’s referendum meets int’l standards”
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan's referendum held transparently – PACE member
- 26.09.2016Azerbaijan at peak of democracy – Spanish MP
- 26.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of European People's Party - UPDATED