Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan actively fighting wide-spread Islamophobia across the world
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Morocco Nasser Bourita.
Moroccan Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Nasser Bourita extended His Majesty King Mohammed VI’s best wishes both to the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the country.
The minister said: “The king of Morocco His Majesty Mohammed VI highly appreciates his very good personal relationship with you and the successfully developing ties between our two countries.”
Minister Nasser Bourita noted that ahead of the anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, the Moroccan side is also preparing for the events to mark the 25th anniversary of the historic meeting between the late King of Morocco and the national leader of the Azerbaijani people Heydar Aliyev, which was held in Casablanca. The minister described that historic meeting as a basis for building very good relationship between the two countries, saying President Ilham Aliyev and the Moroccan King successfully continuing this path. He noted that the meeting of the joint commission to be held as part of his visit creates a good opportunity to discuss prospects for bilateral relations. The Moroccan minister hailed solidarity between the two countries on the international arena, saying Morocco supports the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and is grateful to Azerbaijan for supporting Morocco's territorial integrity.
Pointing to the growing Islamophobia and radicalism across the world, the minister underlined the importance of the two countries’ strengthening efforts to preserve the Islamic values globally.
The head of state noted that the bilateral relations between the two countries are successfully developing on solid grounds, saying that the foundation of these relations was laid by national leader Heydar Aliyev and the late King of Morocco.
President Ilham Aliyev said that the two countries demonstrate mutual solidarity in international organizations, including the UN and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC), and emphasized the importance of mutual support for the two countries’ territorial integrity.
The head of state pointed to Azerbaijan’s contribution to the Islamic solidarity, underlining the existence of multiculturalism and religious tolerance in Azerbaijan. He noted that the country has become a venue for holding prestigious international events, including the Islamic Solidarity Games, and various international exhibitions and conferences in this regard. The President underlined the importance of presentations on the preservation of Islamic culture held by Azerbaijan in Europe, as well as ISESCO’s electing Nakhchivan as the Islamic Culture Capital for this year and Baku a few years ago.
“Today Azerbaijan is actively fighting the wide-spread Islamophobia across the world, and our countries demonstrate the same position on the international scene in this regard.”
Pointing to the economic ties, the head of state hailed the great potential for expanding bilateral cooperation in this area. He underlined the significance of increasing mutual trade and exploring investment opportunities to this end.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of His Majesty King Mohammed VI and asked the minister to extend his greetings to the Moroccan King.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 05.05.2015Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan shall never reconcile with the seizure of its territories
- 05.05.2015Iran recognizes territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan – deputy FM
- 05.05.201545th meeting of PABSEC Legal and Political Affairs Committee kicks off in Baku
- 04.05.2015Elmar Mammadyarov: “Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by state funded institutions”
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Italian Minister of Economy and Finance
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Japanese Deputy Prime Minister