President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Turkey's religious affairs - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received President of Religious Affairs of the Republic of Turkey Ali Erbas.
The head of state congratulated Ali Erbas on his appointment as President of Religious Affairs of Turkey and underlined the importance of Turkey's high level representation in the conference.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled his recent meetings with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Prime Minister Binali Yildirim in Istanbul. Saying he has made three visits to Turkey within a year, President Ilham Aliyev described this as an indicative of friendship and brotherly relations between the two countries.
He noted that he witnessed rapid development of Azerbaijan during his visit to Baku.
They hailed the importance of the Baku-hosted "2017- Year of Islamic Solidarity: Interfaith and Intercultural Dialogue" international conference, underlining that this event contributes to bringing the countries, nations and religions closer to each other.
The head of state thanked for the greetings of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Prime Minister Binali Yildirim and asked Ali Erbas to extend his greetings to the President and Prime Minister of Turkey.
Related news releases
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani President met with Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder of American company Blackstone
- 24.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with chairman and CEO of Lazard Freres
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Saudi Arabian minister of energy, industry and mineral resources
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Microsoft corporate vice president
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Deputy CEO of SUEZ GROUP in Davos
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: "We fulfill our obligations to reduce oil production"
- 23.01.2018Azerbaijani President met with the Georgian PM
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Diversification of economy is Azerbaijan’s main objective
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan managed to establish itself as a truly independent state
- 23.01.2018Davos Economic Forum kicks off today
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Royal Philips CEO
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with founder of BlackRock in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with vice president of Chevron Corporation
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with LUKOIL president in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with President of the World Economic Forum in Davos - UPDATED
- 22.01.2018Council of Europe Sec. Gen. positively assesses measures taken in Azerbaijan to humanize penalties
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani-Korean inter-parliamentary working group to visit Baku
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani MP elected PACE vice-president
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 21.12.2017Azerbaijani president receives ISESCO director general
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives state advisor to Uzbek president
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always played positive role among civilizations
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan greatly contributes to Islamic solidarity
- 21.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives head of Iranian Presidential Office - UPDATED
- 21.12.2017Paraguay parliament recognizes Khojaly Genocide