Ilham Aliyev: Unsettled issues between Azerbaijan and Iran were solved through joint efforts - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Head of the Presidential Office of the Islamic Republic of Iran Mahmoud Vaezi.
The head of state hailed high-level bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Iran and recalled the Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s recent visit to Azerbaijan. He described the trip as very successful, saying the agreements reached and the documents signed during the visit were of crucial importance.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that bilateral relationship between the two countries has gained new dynamics since that visit, adding that the issues, which had not been addressed for many years, were solved through joint efforts. “This is the manifestation of the fact that both countries enjoy strong political will for the rapid development of bilateral relations.”
The head of state expressed his confidence that the visit of Mahmoud Vaezi to Azerbaijan will create a good opportunity for discussing the prospects for bilateral cooperation and addressing the issues relating to the strengthening of relations between the two countries.
Head of the Presidential Office of the Islamic Republic of Iran Mahmoud Vaezi extended greetings of President Hassan Rouhani to President Ilham Aliyev. He congratulated the head of state on behalf of President Hassan Rouhani and on his own behalf on his landslide victory and re-election as President of Azerbaijan.
Mahmoud Vaezi hailed the successful development of Azerbaijan-Iran bilateral relations in a variety of areas.
“Fruitful results of Hasan Rouhani's visit to Azerbaijan and the agreements reached during his visit are obvious and are being implemented at a high level. A checkpoint between Azerbaijan and Iran operates 24 hours a day. The car manufacturing plant was launched in Azerbaijan and Azerbaijan exports energy to Iran. The transport cooperation is steadily expanding, construction of the Astara-Astara railroad has been successfully completed, and the construction of cargo terminals is underway.”
Azerbaijan-Iran humanitarian and cultural ties, the successful development of tourism cooperation between the two countries were pointed out at the meeting.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Head of the Presidential Office of the Islamic Republic of Iran Mahmoud Vaezi on June 4, the president’s press service reported.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 04.06.2018New OSCE chairman assumes office
- 05.06.2018Conference on Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia trilateral co-op kicks off in Tbilisi
- 05.06.2018Tengiz Pkhaladze: Georgia-Azerbaijan-Turkey partnership – an ‘oxygen corridor’ between East and West
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s PACE delegation includes two new members
- 04.06.2018Nasimi Aghayev: Consulate General carries out its activity in line with Azerbaijani president’s instruction to pursue pro-active diplomacy - INTERVIEW
- 03.06.2018President İlham Aliyev received Secretary-General of International Civil Defence Organisation