Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Georgia co-op is successful not only in region, but also on a global level - UPDATED
Trade turnover between Georgia and Azerbaijan is increasing year after year, and Azerbaijan is Georgia’s top investor country, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The head of state made the remarks during a one-on-one meeting with Georgian Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili in Baku on March 12, APA reported citing the Administration of the Georgian government.
President Aliyev stressed the importance of the Georgian prime minister’s visit to Azerbaijan, noting that relations between the two countries are developing at a high level.
“I’m sure that your visit to Azerbaijan will contribute to the further development of relations between the two countries. We successfully cooperate in various fields. I’m glad that the trade turnover between the two countries continues to grow. Azerbaijan has Georgia’s top investor country since 2012, which indicates that the investment climate in your country is one of the best. This also shows that bilateral relations stand at a high level,” the Azerbaijani president said.
The president also touched on the projects of global importance, joined by Azerbaijan and Georgia.
“One of these projects is the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway, which was commissioned in October 2017. The implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor and TANAP projects will help raise our cooperation to a higher level,” Ilham Aliyev added.
The head of state said that cooperation between Azerbaijan and Georgia is successful not only in the region, but also on a global level.
"Our cooperation further strengthens our friendship and fraternity. I’m convinced that these warm relations will serve the well-being of our peoples in the future,” he said.
Kvirikashvili, in turn, noted the positive dynamics of economic relations between the two countries.
"Any visit to Azerbaijan is significant for us. Azerbaijan is Georgia's strategic partner. We’re glad that economic relations between the two countries are developing. Last year, there was a significant growth in bilateral trade and economic relations. Azerbaijan is the number-one investor in Georgia. According to the latest statistical data, Azerbaijan is in the first place, which is pleasing. The strategic projects of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars and the Southern Gas Corridor, which you mentioned, are of huge economic and geopolitical importance. In global formats, Georgia always supports Azerbaijan's position and relies on this strategic partnership,” said PM Kvirikashvili.
The Georgian prime minister also congratulated the Azerbaijani president on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the declaration of the first republic.
"This date is important for Georgia and Azerbaijan, and I hope we will celebrate this historically in a decent manner,” he added.
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijan president signs pardon order
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan says its military exercises in sovereign territories in line with Vienna Document
- 12.03.2018Council of Europe Secretary General offers condolences to President Ilham Aliyev
- 12.03.2018Cuban and Afghan leaders extend condolences to Azerbaijani president
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijan summons US envoy, hands note of protest
- 12.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Upcoming presidential election will reflect Azerbaijani people’s will - UPDATED
- 12.03.2018Azerbaijani MFA releases information on preparation for presidential election