Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received former President of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, chairman of the Dutch Friends of Azerbaijan Group Rene van der Linden.
Rene van der Linden noted that economic collaboration between the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Azerbaijan contributes to the efforts to promote Azerbaijan in the world, saying this could be an example of fruitful cooperation to other countries located in the same region whith the Netherlands.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked Rene van der Linden for the kind words, saying his efforts towards strengthening cooperation play a crucial role in the development of bilateral relations between the two countries. Hailing mutual interest in expanding the Dutch-Azerbaijani bilateral ties, the head of state underlined the importance of reciprocal visits at different levels.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the fact that more and more Dutch companies are being involved in Azerbaijan`s important projects. The head of state hailed the Netherlands` traditionally active participation in the Baku-hosted Azerbaijan International Food Industry Exhibition, underlining good prospects for cooperation in the field of agriculture between the two countries.
The head of state pointed out the expansion of Azerbaijan's export potential, saying the country's non-oil exports increased by 22 per cent in the last four months.
They exchanged views on the expansion of cooperation in a number of areas, including education, tourism and agriculture.
Former President of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, chairman of the Dutch Friends of Azerbaijan Group Rene van der Linden then presented a keepsake to President Ilham Aliyev.
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 08.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to King of Cambodia
- 18.05.2017UN official to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017European Parliament delegation due in Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan says hopes for proper consideration of VAK appeal
- 17.05.2017Karasin: Russia seeks Caspian Sea to be an example of cooperation, not confrontation
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan to attend CoE Committee of Ministers meeting in Cyprus
- 16.05.2017Chairperson of Kuwaiti Cabinet Committee on Women's Affairs awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President