Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received former President of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, chairman of the Dutch Friends of Azerbaijan Group Rene van der Linden.
Rene van der Linden noted that economic collaboration between the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Azerbaijan contributes to the efforts to promote Azerbaijan in the world, saying this could be an example of fruitful cooperation to other countries located in the same region whith the Netherlands.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked Rene van der Linden for the kind words, saying his efforts towards strengthening cooperation play a crucial role in the development of bilateral relations between the two countries. Hailing mutual interest in expanding the Dutch-Azerbaijani bilateral ties, the head of state underlined the importance of reciprocal visits at different levels.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the fact that more and more Dutch companies are being involved in Azerbaijan`s important projects. The head of state hailed the Netherlands` traditionally active participation in the Baku-hosted Azerbaijan International Food Industry Exhibition, underlining good prospects for cooperation in the field of agriculture between the two countries.
The head of state pointed out the expansion of Azerbaijan's export potential, saying the country's non-oil exports increased by 22 per cent in the last four months.
They exchanged views on the expansion of cooperation in a number of areas, including education, tourism and agriculture.
Former President of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, chairman of the Dutch Friends of Azerbaijan Group Rene van der Linden then presented a keepsake to President Ilham Aliyev.
- 27.05.2017Emperor of Japan sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter of condolence to Egyptian counterpart
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among Manchester blast victims
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives UAE delegation - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani FM briefs European Parliament delegation on settlement process of Karabakh conflict
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit ends with adoption of Istanbul Declaration
- 22.05.2017Erdogan: Some were suspicious that BSEC could continue to exist long
- 22.05.2017MP: Azerbaijan supports organizing peace platform between Armenia, Azerbaijan at European Parliament
- 22.05.2017Romanian investors seeking to expand relations with Azerbaijan, says envoy
- 22.05.2017European Parliament committee chair says Azerbaijan is a valuable partner for Europe
- 18.05.2017UN official to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017European Parliament delegation due in Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan says hopes for proper consideration of VAK appeal
- 17.05.2017Karasin: Russia seeks Caspian Sea to be an example of cooperation, not confrontation
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan to attend CoE Committee of Ministers meeting in Cyprus
- 16.05.2017Chairperson of Kuwaiti Cabinet Committee on Women's Affairs awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President