Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received former President of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, chairman of the Dutch Friends of Azerbaijan Group Rene van der Linden.
Rene van der Linden noted that economic collaboration between the Kingdom of the Netherlands and Azerbaijan contributes to the efforts to promote Azerbaijan in the world, saying this could be an example of fruitful cooperation to other countries located in the same region whith the Netherlands.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked Rene van der Linden for the kind words, saying his efforts towards strengthening cooperation play a crucial role in the development of bilateral relations between the two countries. Hailing mutual interest in expanding the Dutch-Azerbaijani bilateral ties, the head of state underlined the importance of reciprocal visits at different levels.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the fact that more and more Dutch companies are being involved in Azerbaijan`s important projects. The head of state hailed the Netherlands` traditionally active participation in the Baku-hosted Azerbaijan International Food Industry Exhibition, underlining good prospects for cooperation in the field of agriculture between the two countries.
The head of state pointed out the expansion of Azerbaijan's export potential, saying the country's non-oil exports increased by 22 per cent in the last four months.
They exchanged views on the expansion of cooperation in a number of areas, including education, tourism and agriculture.
Former President of the Senate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, chairman of the Dutch Friends of Azerbaijan Group Rene van der Linden then presented a keepsake to President Ilham Aliyev.
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations
- 23.09.2017OSCE PA’s Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue – FM Mammadyarov
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never reconcile with occupation of its territories
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 18.05.2017UN official to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017European Parliament delegation due in Azerbaijan
- 18.05.2017Azerbaijan says hopes for proper consideration of VAK appeal
- 17.05.2017Karasin: Russia seeks Caspian Sea to be an example of cooperation, not confrontation
- 17.05.2017Azerbaijan to attend CoE Committee of Ministers meeting in Cyprus
- 16.05.2017Chairperson of Kuwaiti Cabinet Committee on Women's Affairs awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani President