Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus Toivo Klaar.
The head of state hailed the successful development of Azerbaijan-EU cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev pointed to the European Commission Vice-President for Energy Union, co-chair Maros Sefcovic's participation in the 4th Ministerial Meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council in Baku. The head of state underlined that they held fruitful discussions with Maros Sefcovic on the development of bilateral relations in a number of areas, including energy.
The president praised very good and dynamic development of bilateral relations in all areas since his recent visit to the European Commission.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of expanding Azerbaijan-EU cooperation not only in energy field, but also in a number of other areas, including politics, trade, investment, transport, security, and culture, saying all this is featured in a new agreement between the European Union and Azerbaijan which is under development.
EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus Toivo Klaar noted that the EU-Azerbaijan relations continue to develop in all areas, hailing good prospects for bilateral cooperation.
They exchanged views on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict through negotiations. The importance of making efforts to ensure peaceful settlement of the dispute through talks was underlined at the meeting.
President Ilham Aliyev described Armenia's hypocritical and non-constructive position as the key impediment to achieving progress in negotiations. "Armenia continues its policy of aggression and destroys Azerbaijan's national, religious, and historical monuments in our occupied lands."
The head of state emphasized that for the soonest settlement of the conflict, Armenia must begin to withdraw its forces from the occupied lands and the norms and principles of international law must be established.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by EU Special Representative for the South Caucasus and the crisis in Georgia Toivo Klaar.
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference