Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
Estonia’s Ambassador-at-large for Eastern Partnership Jaan Reinhold, on behalf of the EU leaders and all ambassadors present at the meeting, said that the organization he represents pays special attention to relations with Azerbaijan, APA reported.
He noted that the cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan is developing in a positive way.
Pointing to significant progress that has recently achieved towards the new agreement, Reinhold pledged that the EU will continue to make every effort in this direction.
The Estonian ambassador-at-large, referring to the upcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels, noted that the EU remains committed to the principles of the Eastern Partnership and related projects, and highly appreciates this cooperation.
The diplomat once again stressed that the EU-Azerbaijan relations are developing in a positive and dynamic manner. He added that the EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is based on strong foundations from the standpoint of the full realization of the existing potential.
The ambassador said that the development of Azerbaijan in the field of democratic reforms is of great importance, and the experience Azerbaijan gained in the field of freedom of religion, tolerance, intercultural dialogue is very valuable.
Reinhold mentioned that strategic cooperation in the energy sector is of great importance.
President Ilham Aliyev, who, in turn, touched on his visit to Brussels in February of this year, noted that the visit played a huge role in development of ties in the framework of the Eastern Partnership, as well as with the European Commission.
The head of state stressed the importance of the Eastern Partnership initiative in terms of expanding Azerbaijan-EU relations. The president deemed the signing of strategic partnership agreements with more than 10 countries, which are members of the organization, as a good indicator of our relations.
Touching upon the new agreement between Azerbaijan and the European Union, the head of state said that the work in this area is progressing very positively.
President Aliyev also underlined the successful development of political relations, noting that the cooperation is multilateral and covers broad areas, including democratic development, multiculturalism, economic, etc.
The head of state said Europe is a key trade partner of Azerbaijan, adding that relations in investment, energy security, transport and social protection are developing.
President Aliyev praised the visit of the expanded delegation as a manifestation of successful cooperation and expressed hope that this visit will provide a good for the delegation members to witness the development processes in Azerbaijan and gain closer insight into our country.
The sides then exchanged views on the prospects of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 25.06.2018Russian State Duma: Azerbaijan always displayed constructive position towards Karabakh conflict
- 25.06.2018PACE elects new president
- 25.06.2018Afghanistan’s state and NGO reps expected to attend Int’l Contact Group meeting in Baku
- 25.06.2018PACE summer session kicks off today
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister