Ilham Aliyev: Work on new Azerbaijan-EU deal progressing very positively - UPDATED
Estonia’s Ambassador-at-large for Eastern Partnership Jaan Reinhold, on behalf of the EU leaders and all ambassadors present at the meeting, said that the organization he represents pays special attention to relations with Azerbaijan, APA reported.
He noted that the cooperation between the EU and Azerbaijan is developing in a positive way.
Pointing to significant progress that has recently achieved towards the new agreement, Reinhold pledged that the EU will continue to make every effort in this direction.
The Estonian ambassador-at-large, referring to the upcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels, noted that the EU remains committed to the principles of the Eastern Partnership and related projects, and highly appreciates this cooperation.
The diplomat once again stressed that the EU-Azerbaijan relations are developing in a positive and dynamic manner. He added that the EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is based on strong foundations from the standpoint of the full realization of the existing potential.
The ambassador said that the development of Azerbaijan in the field of democratic reforms is of great importance, and the experience Azerbaijan gained in the field of freedom of religion, tolerance, intercultural dialogue is very valuable.
Reinhold mentioned that strategic cooperation in the energy sector is of great importance.
President Ilham Aliyev, who, in turn, touched on his visit to Brussels in February of this year, noted that the visit played a huge role in development of ties in the framework of the Eastern Partnership, as well as with the European Commission.
The head of state stressed the importance of the Eastern Partnership initiative in terms of expanding Azerbaijan-EU relations. The president deemed the signing of strategic partnership agreements with more than 10 countries, which are members of the organization, as a good indicator of our relations.
Touching upon the new agreement between Azerbaijan and the European Union, the head of state said that the work in this area is progressing very positively.
President Aliyev also underlined the successful development of political relations, noting that the cooperation is multilateral and covers broad areas, including democratic development, multiculturalism, economic, etc.
The head of state said Europe is a key trade partner of Azerbaijan, adding that relations in investment, energy security, transport and social protection are developing.
President Aliyev praised the visit of the expanded delegation as a manifestation of successful cooperation and expressed hope that this visit will provide a good for the delegation members to witness the development processes in Azerbaijan and gain closer insight into our country.
The sides then exchanged views on the prospects of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to install first border marks in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 07.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan supports Afghanistan - UPDATED
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Ethiopia
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijani model of multiculturalism and tolerance as a tool to prevent conflicts highlighted at UN Headquarters
- 07.11.2017MFA: Azerbaijan condemns missile attack against Saudi Arabia
- 06.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Donald Trump
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference