Azerbaijani president receives Estonian foreign minister - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia Sven Mikser.
The Estonian foreign minister expressed his gratitude to Azerbaijan’s head of state for the excellent organization of the "Heart of Asia" – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference under the motto "Security and Economic Connectivity towards a Strengthened Heart of Asia Region” in Baku.
He said he was glad to visit Azerbaijan during his country’s presidency of the EU. He also emphasized the importance of the recent European Union Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels, thanking President Ilham Aliyev for participating in the event.
Hailing the successful relations between the EU and Azerbaijan, FM Sven Mikser expressed his hope that these ties will further develop.
President Ilham Aliyev underlined the successful organization of the Eastern Partnership Summit and noted the significance of the discussions held and the Joint Declaration adopted during the meeting.
Touching upon relations between the EU and Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev said his country enjoys close partnership with the organization and strategic partnership declarations have already been signed with nine EU member states. The president said that active negotiations on the new strategic partnership agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are underway and expressed his confidence that this process will soon be completed.
The head of state hailed Azerbaijan’s cooperation with the European Union in energy, transport and other areas. Underlining the importance of the Baku 7th Ministerial Conference, President Ilham Aliyev stressed Azerbaijan's unwavering support for the peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan.
The head of state pointed to the successful development of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Estonia.
President Ilham Aliyev emphasized the significance of Estonian companies' participation in the field of information and communication technologies in Azerbaijan, saying there are good opportunities for expanding cooperation between the two countries in trade, tourism, transport and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Baku Declaration adopted at Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan capable of playing larger role in making region more peaceful – U.S. envoy
- 01.12.2017Ashraf Ghani: Afghanistan always ready to support Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Iranian FMs meet in Baku
- 01.12.2017Afghan president ends Azerbaijan visit