President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Secretary General of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani.
Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani extended greetings of heads of member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf to President Ilham Aliyev. He said: "We highly appreciate the level of current relations and are keen to further strengthen these ties. We express our gratitude for your leadership in the development of this relationship."
Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani hailed their participation in the Azerbaijan-Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf business forum, underlining the importance of the event in terms of the expansion of economic ties between Azerbaijan and the member states. He noted the significance of strengthening cooperation with Azerbaijan in terms of ensuring security, stability and economic development in the region.
The Secretary General praised the increase in the number of tourists coming from the Gulf states to Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the successfully developing relations between Azerbaijan and the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf member states, and strong political ties with these countries. He noted the importance of high-level reciprocal visits in expanding these relations.
Noting that great work has been done to develop tourism in Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the fact that the number of tourists arriving in Azerbaijan from foreign countries, including the Gulf states, has steadily increased.
President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the tourists are shown high hospitality in Azerbaijan, adding that this contributes to the expansion of ties between countries and nations.
Hailing good opportunities for economic cooperation, the head of state underlined favorable conditions for investment in Azerbaijan. He noted the existence of good opportunities for member countries of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf to invest in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the increasing competitiveness of the Azerbaijani economy, emphasizing that the Davos World Economic Forum has this year increased Azerbaijan`s ranking from 37th to 35th place among the world countries for the competitiveness of the country's economy.
The head of state underlined Azerbaijan's contributions to the Islamic solidarity, saying the country has recently hosted the Islamic Solidarity Games. He emphasized the importance of these Games in terms of strengthening ties between the Islamic countries.
They also discussed the expediency of expanding air communication between Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf member states and Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of heads of member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and asked the Secretary General to extend his greetings to the heads of member states.
Then President Ilham Aliyev was presented with a keepsake.
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe