President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Secretary General of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani.
Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani extended greetings of heads of member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf to President Ilham Aliyev. He said: "We highly appreciate the level of current relations and are keen to further strengthen these ties. We express our gratitude for your leadership in the development of this relationship."
Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani hailed their participation in the Azerbaijan-Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf business forum, underlining the importance of the event in terms of the expansion of economic ties between Azerbaijan and the member states. He noted the significance of strengthening cooperation with Azerbaijan in terms of ensuring security, stability and economic development in the region.
The Secretary General praised the increase in the number of tourists coming from the Gulf states to Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the successfully developing relations between Azerbaijan and the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf member states, and strong political ties with these countries. He noted the importance of high-level reciprocal visits in expanding these relations.
Noting that great work has been done to develop tourism in Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the fact that the number of tourists arriving in Azerbaijan from foreign countries, including the Gulf states, has steadily increased.
President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the tourists are shown high hospitality in Azerbaijan, adding that this contributes to the expansion of ties between countries and nations.
Hailing good opportunities for economic cooperation, the head of state underlined favorable conditions for investment in Azerbaijan. He noted the existence of good opportunities for member countries of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf to invest in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the increasing competitiveness of the Azerbaijani economy, emphasizing that the Davos World Economic Forum has this year increased Azerbaijan`s ranking from 37th to 35th place among the world countries for the competitiveness of the country's economy.
The head of state underlined Azerbaijan's contributions to the Islamic solidarity, saying the country has recently hosted the Islamic Solidarity Games. He emphasized the importance of these Games in terms of strengthening ties between the Islamic countries.
They also discussed the expediency of expanding air communication between Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf member states and Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of heads of member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and asked the Secretary General to extend his greetings to the heads of member states.
Then President Ilham Aliyev was presented with a keepsake.
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemned terror attack in mosque in Egypt
- 24.11.2017Donald Tusk: Unresolved conflicts in partner countries hamper cooperation
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe