President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a delegation led by Secretary General of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani.
Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani extended greetings of heads of member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf to President Ilham Aliyev. He said: "We highly appreciate the level of current relations and are keen to further strengthen these ties. We express our gratitude for your leadership in the development of this relationship."
Abdul Latif Bin Rashid Al Zayani hailed their participation in the Azerbaijan-Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf business forum, underlining the importance of the event in terms of the expansion of economic ties between Azerbaijan and the member states. He noted the significance of strengthening cooperation with Azerbaijan in terms of ensuring security, stability and economic development in the region.
The Secretary General praised the increase in the number of tourists coming from the Gulf states to Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed the successfully developing relations between Azerbaijan and the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf member states, and strong political ties with these countries. He noted the importance of high-level reciprocal visits in expanding these relations.
Noting that great work has been done to develop tourism in Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the fact that the number of tourists arriving in Azerbaijan from foreign countries, including the Gulf states, has steadily increased.
President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the tourists are shown high hospitality in Azerbaijan, adding that this contributes to the expansion of ties between countries and nations.
Hailing good opportunities for economic cooperation, the head of state underlined favorable conditions for investment in Azerbaijan. He noted the existence of good opportunities for member countries of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf to invest in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev praised the increasing competitiveness of the Azerbaijani economy, emphasizing that the Davos World Economic Forum has this year increased Azerbaijan`s ranking from 37th to 35th place among the world countries for the competitiveness of the country's economy.
The head of state underlined Azerbaijan's contributions to the Islamic solidarity, saying the country has recently hosted the Islamic Solidarity Games. He emphasized the importance of these Games in terms of strengthening ties between the Islamic countries.
They also discussed the expediency of expanding air communication between Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf member states and Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of heads of member states of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and asked the Secretary General to extend his greetings to the heads of member states.
Then President Ilham Aliyev was presented with a keepsake.
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe