President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta.
Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta said that her visit to Azerbaijan was fruitful and interesting, stressing its importance in terms of strengthening friendship with Azerbaijan.
Noting that the energy sector is a key area for cooperation between the two countries, Linda Lanzillotta expressed her country`s commitment to the TAP project. She expressed her confidence that it is also very important in expanding relations between Azerbaijan and Italy.
Touching upon the work done to diversify the economy in Azerbaijan, the vice president said Italy is interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan in the fields of infrastructure and agriculture. Recalling Milan Expo 2015, Linda Lanzillotta noted that the Azerbaijani pavilion in the exhibition aroused great interest and was highly appreciated.
President Ilham Aliyev said that his country attaches great importance to developing Italy-Azerbaijan bilateral ties. The head of state noted that Italy is the major trade partner of Azerbaijan, emphasizing oil export plays a key role here. The President pointed out that the TAP project is of great importance in developing long-term cooperation between the two countries, and noted that this project is being successfully implemented on schedule, expressing hope that the work will be completed on time. President Ilham Aliyev also said that works in other parts of the Southern Gas Corridor, including Shahdeniz, South Caucasus Pipeline were implemented 100 percent, while TANAP more than 80 percent. Stressing the importance of the Southern Gas Corridor as a global energy security project, the head of state noted that Italy is one of the main countries where Azerbaijan will export gas, adding it is of particular importance in developing the bilateral bonds.
Underlining the significance of speeding up work to diversify the trade, the head of state stressed the necessity of focusing on other areas, including industry, agriculture, infrastructure and transport. Touching upon the participation of Italian companies in the projects, which are being implemented in Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev invited Italian companies to participate in infrastructure and other projects, which will be implemented in Baku and regions of the country.
They exchanged views over expansion of opportunities of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy in a variety of fields.
Related news releases
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: In relations with Russia, no issue awaiting solution
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on re-election
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED