President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta.
Vice President of the Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta said that her visit to Azerbaijan was fruitful and interesting, stressing its importance in terms of strengthening friendship with Azerbaijan.
Noting that the energy sector is a key area for cooperation between the two countries, Linda Lanzillotta expressed her country`s commitment to the TAP project. She expressed her confidence that it is also very important in expanding relations between Azerbaijan and Italy.
Touching upon the work done to diversify the economy in Azerbaijan, the vice president said Italy is interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan in the fields of infrastructure and agriculture. Recalling Milan Expo 2015, Linda Lanzillotta noted that the Azerbaijani pavilion in the exhibition aroused great interest and was highly appreciated.
President Ilham Aliyev said that his country attaches great importance to developing Italy-Azerbaijan bilateral ties. The head of state noted that Italy is the major trade partner of Azerbaijan, emphasizing oil export plays a key role here. The President pointed out that the TAP project is of great importance in developing long-term cooperation between the two countries, and noted that this project is being successfully implemented on schedule, expressing hope that the work will be completed on time. President Ilham Aliyev also said that works in other parts of the Southern Gas Corridor, including Shahdeniz, South Caucasus Pipeline were implemented 100 percent, while TANAP more than 80 percent. Stressing the importance of the Southern Gas Corridor as a global energy security project, the head of state noted that Italy is one of the main countries where Azerbaijan will export gas, adding it is of particular importance in developing the bilateral bonds.
Underlining the significance of speeding up work to diversify the trade, the head of state stressed the necessity of focusing on other areas, including industry, agriculture, infrastructure and transport. Touching upon the participation of Italian companies in the projects, which are being implemented in Azerbaijan, President Ilham Aliyev invited Italian companies to participate in infrastructure and other projects, which will be implemented in Baku and regions of the country.
They exchanged views over expansion of opportunities of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy in a variety of fields.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: In relations with Russia, no issue awaiting solution
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on re-election
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED