Azerbaijani president receives Turkish delegation - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications of the Republic of Turkey Ahmet Arslan.
The successful development of Azerbaijan-Turkey bilateral relations in all areas, including in IT field was hailed at the meeting.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of Turkish Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications Ahmet Arslan's participation in the 23rd BakuTel-2017 exhibition. He emphasized that the exhibition has been held for more than 20 years, praising the Turkish companies' participation in each edition of the event.
Pointing to the achievements in the field of transport, the head of state underlined the significance of the two countries' joint activities in communications, information technology areas, particularly within the TASIM project.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled the opening ceremony of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project with the participation of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last month, saying that this event once again demonstrated that all the initiatives of Azerbaijan and Turkey yield good results.
The head of state also hailed good opportunities for joint activities in the field of communications between the two countries.
Minister of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications of the Republic of Turkey Ahmet Arslan underlined the importance of the fact that over 190 companies from more than 20 countries attend the 23rd BakuTel-2017 exhibition and congratulated President Ilham Aliyev on the excellent organization of the event.
Praising the successful work being carried out in Azerbaijan in the field of information technology under the leadership of President Ilham Aliyev, Minister Ahmet Arslan expressed his confidence that joint regional cooperation will continue developing on this front in the years to come. The Turkish minister emphasized the fruitful cooperation between relevant bodies of the two countries.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian ICT minister - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives ITU Sec.Gen. - UPDATED
- 05.12.2017Samad Seyidov: Azerbaijan ‘not in favor’ of EU integration
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani FM: Stability in Caspian region should be based on respect for sovereignty, territorial integrity
- 05.12.2017Lavrov: We’re pleased with level of coop in ‘Caspian Five’
- 05.12.2017Mammadyarov: Moscow meeting will be ‘a good opportunity’ for preparation of convention on Caspian Sea legal status