President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Japanese minister - UPDATED
Japanese State Minister Yoshifumi Matsumura extended his congratulations on Mehriban Aliyeva`s appointment as First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the congratulations.
Saying Azerbaijan and Japan enjoy very good and long-term bilateral relations, the head of state noted that the two countries successfully cooperate in various areas. President Ilham Aliyev hailed political relations between the two countries. The head of state underlined that a number of important projects are being implemented in Azerbaijan through the financial support of Japan, adding very important infrastructure projects had already been commissioned in the country through Japanese government`s loans. Pointing out Japanese companies` involvement in Azerbaijan`s oil and gas sector, President Ilham Aliyev expressed hope that this process will continue in the future. Noting that there are good opportunities for developing trade ties between the two countries, the head of state expressed hope that the visit of the delegation led by Japanese State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yoshifumi Matsumura to Azerbaijan will feature discussion on all these issues, particularly work to be done in order to increase the bilateral trade, as well as broad exchange of views and decisions on cooperation.
Noting that it is his first visit to Azerbaijan, Yoshifumi Matsumura said it is an honor for him to meet with President Ilham Aliyev. The Japanese State Minister said he is very happy that his visit coincides with the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Japan and that he will attend the 9th meeting of Azerbaijan-Japan Economic Committee. Yoshifumi Matsumura noted that his country is interested in developing cooperation with Azerbaijan in the oil and gas field.
They also discussed the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Japan on various fronts, including non-oil sector, industry, agriculture, healthcare, human resources, delivery of technologies to the new industrial areas and investment making.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a Japanese delegation led by State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yoshifumi Matsumura.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 23.02.2017Kurz: Austria to support all efforts to achieve progress on Karabakh conflict
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan: Khojaly Genocide should find its legal appraisal
- 23.02.2017Georgian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2017Russian Embassy: New lawyer will defend Lapshin
- 22.02.2017Baku to host meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey Co-op Council
- 22.02.2017Georgian lawmaker of Azerbaijani origin addresses parliament on Khojaly genocide