President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Japanese minister - UPDATED
Japanese State Minister Yoshifumi Matsumura extended his congratulations on Mehriban Aliyeva`s appointment as First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the congratulations.
Saying Azerbaijan and Japan enjoy very good and long-term bilateral relations, the head of state noted that the two countries successfully cooperate in various areas. President Ilham Aliyev hailed political relations between the two countries. The head of state underlined that a number of important projects are being implemented in Azerbaijan through the financial support of Japan, adding very important infrastructure projects had already been commissioned in the country through Japanese government`s loans. Pointing out Japanese companies` involvement in Azerbaijan`s oil and gas sector, President Ilham Aliyev expressed hope that this process will continue in the future. Noting that there are good opportunities for developing trade ties between the two countries, the head of state expressed hope that the visit of the delegation led by Japanese State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yoshifumi Matsumura to Azerbaijan will feature discussion on all these issues, particularly work to be done in order to increase the bilateral trade, as well as broad exchange of views and decisions on cooperation.
Noting that it is his first visit to Azerbaijan, Yoshifumi Matsumura said it is an honor for him to meet with President Ilham Aliyev. The Japanese State Minister said he is very happy that his visit coincides with the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and Japan and that he will attend the 9th meeting of Azerbaijan-Japan Economic Committee. Yoshifumi Matsumura noted that his country is interested in developing cooperation with Azerbaijan in the oil and gas field.
They also discussed the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Japan on various fronts, including non-oil sector, industry, agriculture, healthcare, human resources, delivery of technologies to the new industrial areas and investment making.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received a Japanese delegation led by State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yoshifumi Matsumura.
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 23.02.2017Kurz: Austria to support all efforts to achieve progress on Karabakh conflict
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijan: Khojaly Genocide should find its legal appraisal
- 23.02.2017Georgian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.02.2017Russian Embassy: New lawyer will defend Lapshin
- 22.02.2017Baku to host meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey Co-op Council
- 22.02.2017Georgian lawmaker of Azerbaijani origin addresses parliament on Khojaly genocide