President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by head of the Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research of the Swiss Confederation, Federal Councillor Johann N. Schneider-Ammann.
Johann N. Schneider-Ammann said he is pleased to be visiting Azerbaijan, noting that the purpose of their visit is to get acquainted with the ongoing development processes in Azerbaijan and identify issues related to further expansion of business relations between the two countries. He also expressed the delegation's interest in getting more detailed information about Azerbaijan's participation in the “One belt, One Road" project. Johann N. Schneider-Ammann pointed out the successful cooperation between Switzerland and Azerbaijan within the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.
Swiss Federal Councillor Johann N. Schneider-Ammann extended his congratulations to the head of state on the commissioning of TANAP project. He thanked President Ilham Aliyev for annually participating in the Davos Economic Forum.
Nothing that relations between the two countries are developing successfully in political and economic areas, the head of state said there is a great potential for further expansion of cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that there are good opportunities for expanding business relations in various fields, pointing to the country’s rich experience in implementation of infrastructure projects and mutual investments in this regard. Recalling his meeting with Johann N. Schneider-Ammann in Davos, the head of state said that the visit of the delegation led by him to Azerbaijan will contribute to the deepening of relations and that cooperation between the two countries will be further expanded. President Ilham Aliyev expressed his confidence that Azerbaijan’s economy will continue to grow in the coming years, adding that the country plans to implement a large number of industrial and infrastructure projects and Azerbaijan is keen in Swiss companies' involvement in these issues.
During the conversation, the sides emphasized that the Baku-hosted Swiss-Azerbaijan Business Forum and the participation of a large number of business representatives from both Switzerland and Azerbaijan in this event will contribute to the expansion of economic cooperation between the two countries.
The sides exchanged views over the prospects of cooperation in trade, investment, transport, healthcare, education and other areas.
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov