Ilham Aliyev: Armenian lobby tries to impede fair resolution of Karabakh conflict
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Pierre-Alain Raphan on his election to the French parliament and welcomed his appointment as head of the French-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
The head of state said Pierre-Alain Raphan’s visit to Azerbaijani will create a good opportunity for him to closely familiarize himself with the country.
Hailing successful development of Azerbaijani-French relations, President Ilham Aliyev said cooperation in the fields of politics, economy, energy and infrastructure has yielded good results.
The head of state emphasized the importance of long-term operation of numerous French companies in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev also noted the role of France as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group in the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. “However, the Armenian lobby is making every effort to mislead the international community and impede the fair settlement of the conflict by spreading fabricated and false information about Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh in different countries of the world.”
Pointing to the broad agenda of the bilateral relations between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that these relations would be strengthened in the years to come.
Head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan said he is greatly honored to meet with President Ilham Aliyev and proud with his appointment as head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
“All of us including French President Emmanuel Macron wish that France-Azerbaijan relations would reach a higher level,” Pierre-Alain Raphan said.
He also stressed the importance of continuing to work to strengthen political, economic and cultural ties between the two countries. Pierre-Alain Raphan underlined the necessity of raising the French society’s awareness of the true essence of the Azerbaijani realities. Touching upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Pierre-Alain Raphan noted that France is committed to the existing resolutions on the settlement of the dispute.
They also exchanged views on cooperation in space industry, construction, transport, water economy, subway, railway, military-technical and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 03.11.2017Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijani FM in Sweden on official visit
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy