Ilham Aliyev: Armenian lobby tries to impede fair resolution of Karabakh conflict
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Pierre-Alain Raphan on his election to the French parliament and welcomed his appointment as head of the French-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
The head of state said Pierre-Alain Raphan’s visit to Azerbaijani will create a good opportunity for him to closely familiarize himself with the country.
Hailing successful development of Azerbaijani-French relations, President Ilham Aliyev said cooperation in the fields of politics, economy, energy and infrastructure has yielded good results.
The head of state emphasized the importance of long-term operation of numerous French companies in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev also noted the role of France as a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group in the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. “However, the Armenian lobby is making every effort to mislead the international community and impede the fair settlement of the conflict by spreading fabricated and false information about Azerbaijan and Nagorno-Karabakh in different countries of the world.”
Pointing to the broad agenda of the bilateral relations between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev expressed his hope that these relations would be strengthened in the years to come.
Head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group at the French National Assembly Pierre-Alain Raphan said he is greatly honored to meet with President Ilham Aliyev and proud with his appointment as head of the France-Azerbaijan Friendship Group.
“All of us including French President Emmanuel Macron wish that France-Azerbaijan relations would reach a higher level,” Pierre-Alain Raphan said.
He also stressed the importance of continuing to work to strengthen political, economic and cultural ties between the two countries. Pierre-Alain Raphan underlined the necessity of raising the French society’s awareness of the true essence of the Azerbaijani realities. Touching upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Pierre-Alain Raphan noted that France is committed to the existing resolutions on the settlement of the dispute.
They also exchanged views on cooperation in space industry, construction, transport, water economy, subway, railway, military-technical and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 03.11.2017Russian FM, OSCE Secretary General meet in Moscow
- 06.11.2017Azerbaijani FM in Sweden on official visit
- 06.11.2017Baku to host Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference
- 03.11.2017Azerbaijan's Consul General Nasimi Aghayev addresses West Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
- 02.11.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by Vice President of Italian Senate Linda Lanzillotta
- 02.11.2017Agreement on Caspian legal status can be signed in early 2018 – Putin's special envoy