President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Minister of Justice of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria Tayeb Louh.
President Ilham Aliyev praised numerous fruitful meetings held by the Algerian Justice Minister Tayeb Louh in Azerbaijan, describing the reciprocal visits at the ministerial level as an indicative of the successful development of judicial cooperation between the two countries. The President expressed Azerbaijan’s keenness to enhance bilateral relations with Algeria, pointing out the excellent political ties between the two countries. He underlined Azerbaijan-Algeria successful cooperation within international organizations, including the United Nations and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC).
President Ilham Aliyev pointed to Azerbaijan`s contribution to the Islamic solidarity, saying that last year was proclaimed as the Year of Islamic Solidarity in Azerbaijan and the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games were held in Baku. The head of state noted the importance of paying greater attention to economic cooperation and increasing trade at the next stage of bilateral relations. The President also said that the expansion of humanitarian cooperation, including people-to-people contacts and reciprocal visits of tourists is of crucial importance.
The head of state expressed his confidence that bilateral relations between the two countries will continue successfully developing.
Minister of Justice of the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria Tayeb Louh extended President Abdelaziz Bouteflika’s greetings and congratulations to President Ilham Aliyev on his re-election as President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. He noted that the Algerian President wishes President Ilham Aliyev new successes in his presidential activities and the people of Azerbaijan everlasting development and progress under his wise leadership.
Minister Tayeb Louh noted that the Algerian head of state attaches great importance to the development of relations with Azerbaijan, adding he gave appropriate instructions in this regard. The minister noted that Azerbaijan and Algeria enjoy historical ties, saying this relationship continues successfully developing.
The head of state thanked for the greetings and congratulations of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika, and asked the minister to extend his greetings to the Algerian President.
The sides also exchanged views on prospects for bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 05.06.2018EU says ‘progress’ seen in talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states: Kazakh president
- 05.06.2018Ambassador: Azerbaijan, UK enjoy constructive relations at all levels - INTERVIEW
- 05.06.2018Tengiz Pkhaladze: Georgia-Azerbaijan-Turkey partnership – an ‘oxygen corridor’ between East and West
- 05.06.2018Conference on Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia trilateral co-op kicks off in Tbilisi
- 04.06.2018New OSCE chairman assumes office