President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Egyptian ambassador
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received credentials of the newly-appointed ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of Egypt to the country Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim.
Ambassador Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim reviewed a guard of honor.
Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
Saying that Azerbaijan is a very beautiful country, Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim noted that he feels himself at home here. He stressed that the people of Egypt have sincere attitude towards Azerbaijan and the people of Azerbaijan. The ambassador expressed confidence that relations between Azerbaijan and Egypt will continue to develop with the support of the two countries` leadership.
President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches importance to developing bilateral ties and establishing close partnership with Egypt. Touching upon the importance of reciprocal visits between the two countries, the head of state hailed the recent successful meeting of Azerbaijan-Egypt Intergovernmental Joint Commission in Cairo. Expressing his hope that the two countries will maintain close cooperation within international organizations, President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan and Egypt demonstrate mutual support in the UN, Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other organizations, and emphasized the significance of continuing the political dialogue. Stressing the importance of doing greater work in the economic sphere for increasing the bilateral trade, the head of state underlined that the two countries enjoy great opportunities in this area. Saying that Azerbaijan and Egypt can benefit from the mutual import-export potential, President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of exploring investment opportunities and establishing the necessary conditions for the activities of the two countries` companies. The head of state said Azerbaijan intends to establish close relations with Egypt in all areas, and pointed out the discussions on cooperation in the field of tourism. President Ilham Aliyev touched upon the significance of establishing direct flights for organizing regular trips.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed confidence that ambassador Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim will spare no efforts to contribute to developing friendly ties between the two countries during his tenure in Azerbaijan.
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan represented at Peace Conference in Afghanistan
- 28.02.2018USAID official comments on reports of possible reduction of financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijan provides financial aid for restoration of hurricane-damaged synagogue damaged in U.S.
- 28.02.2018UN calls Azerbaijan’s social-economic policy ‘exemplary’
- 28.02.2018FM Mammadyarov highlights importance of release of Azerbaijani hostages at meeting with ICRC president
- 28.02.2018The event of the Armenian Diaspora organizations in the European Parliament failured