President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Egyptian ambassador
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received credentials of the newly-appointed ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary of Egypt to the country Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim.
Ambassador Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim reviewed a guard of honor.
Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
Saying that Azerbaijan is a very beautiful country, Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim noted that he feels himself at home here. He stressed that the people of Egypt have sincere attitude towards Azerbaijan and the people of Azerbaijan. The ambassador expressed confidence that relations between Azerbaijan and Egypt will continue to develop with the support of the two countries` leadership.
President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches importance to developing bilateral ties and establishing close partnership with Egypt. Touching upon the importance of reciprocal visits between the two countries, the head of state hailed the recent successful meeting of Azerbaijan-Egypt Intergovernmental Joint Commission in Cairo. Expressing his hope that the two countries will maintain close cooperation within international organizations, President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan and Egypt demonstrate mutual support in the UN, Organization of Islamic Cooperation and other organizations, and emphasized the significance of continuing the political dialogue. Stressing the importance of doing greater work in the economic sphere for increasing the bilateral trade, the head of state underlined that the two countries enjoy great opportunities in this area. Saying that Azerbaijan and Egypt can benefit from the mutual import-export potential, President Ilham Aliyev noted the importance of exploring investment opportunities and establishing the necessary conditions for the activities of the two countries` companies. The head of state said Azerbaijan intends to establish close relations with Egypt in all areas, and pointed out the discussions on cooperation in the field of tourism. President Ilham Aliyev touched upon the significance of establishing direct flights for organizing regular trips.
President Ilham Aliyev expressed confidence that ambassador Adel Ibrahim Ahmed Ibrahim will spare no efforts to contribute to developing friendly ties between the two countries during his tenure in Azerbaijan.
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan represented at Peace Conference in Afghanistan
- 28.02.2018USAID official comments on reports of possible reduction of financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijan provides financial aid for restoration of hurricane-damaged synagogue damaged in U.S.
- 28.02.2018UN calls Azerbaijan’s social-economic policy ‘exemplary’
- 28.02.2018FM Mammadyarov highlights importance of release of Azerbaijani hostages at meeting with ICRC president
- 28.02.2018The event of the Armenian Diaspora organizations in the European Parliament failured