President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Chilean ambassador
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Chile José Manuel Silva.
Ambassador José Manuel Silva reviewed a guard of honor.
José Manuel Silva presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
The head of state underlined the importance of developing bilateral relations between the two countries, and stressed that Azerbaijan and Chile need to get more information about each other in this regard.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that cooperation between the business communities of two countries, reciprocal official visits, active cooperation within the international organizations, as well as the organization of cultural events, various presentations and exhibitions, and relations between the nations may encourage the establishment of close partnership.
The head of state emphasized that all this will give an impetus to the establishment of economic ties. "Defining the trade and investment opportunities may also play an important role on this front."
Ambassador José Manuel Silva said that during his diplomatic tenure in Azerbaijan under the Chilean President Sebastian Pinera's instructions he will spare no efforts to contribute to the development of bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
- 23.03.2018Latvia: 'I think highly of voting process in Azerbaijan'
- 23.03.2018Date and agenda of PACE spring session announced
- 23.03.2018Flag hoisting ceremony held in Pakistani embassy in Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijan, South Korea enjoy fraternal ties – envoy
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general in Batumi completes term of office
- 29.01.2018Ambassador Kanellos: Linking TAP with TANAP will serve as a ‘bridge’ of friendship between Greece and Azerbaijan
- 26.01.2018Azerbaijani president receives credentials of incoming Ecuadorian envoy - UPDATED
- 25.01.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: Azerbaijan could present detailed facts if an int’l tribunal convened
- 25.01.2018Ambassador: Italy, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent relations - INTERVIEW