President Ilham Aliyev receives CEO of Italian Leonardo company - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Chief Executive Officer of the Italian Leonardo company Alessandro Profumo.
Alessandro Profumo said this is his first visit to Baku, noting that he is deeply impressed by the beauty of Azerbaijan’s capital.
Alessandro Profumo said he was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Leonardo company this May, stressing that he makes his first foreign visit to Azerbaijan. He said that Azerbaijan is of great importance to both Italy and Leonardo company. Alessandro Profumo noted that Leonardo company is engaged in multi-faceted activities, and informed the head of state of the meetings he will have in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Alessandro Profumo on his appointment as Chief Executive Officer of Leonardo company. The head of state recalled his meeting with previous Chief Executive Officer of Leonardo company Mauro Moretti earlier this year. President Ilham Aliyev described the fact that Alessandro Profumo pays his first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as a good indicator of interest in the country. Touching upon relations between Azerbaijan and Italy, President Ilham Aliyev said the agenda of bilateral cooperation is very extensive, and noted the two countries’ cooperation in many areas, including politics, economy, energy, industry and trade.
They exchanged views on the development of relations between Leonardo company and Azerbaijani bodies, including Defense Ministry, Ministry of Emergency Situations, State Border Service, SOCAR and Silkway company. They also discussed prospects in the field of cyber security and underlined good potential of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "If Azerbaijan leaves the Council of Europe, nothing will change in our life"
- 05.10.2017Walter Stevens: "Negotiations between EU and Azerbaijan continue in a very good way"
- 05.10.2017Plenary session of Scientific and Advisory Council under CIS ATC kicks off in Baku - UPDATED
- 04.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Democracy, all freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.10.2017First ballot for nomination of UNESCO director-general scheduled for Oct. 9
- 03.10.2017Ambassador: Germany wants relations with Turkey to be normalized soon