President Ilham Aliyev receives CEO of Italian Leonardo company - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today received Chief Executive Officer of the Italian Leonardo company Alessandro Profumo.
Alessandro Profumo said this is his first visit to Baku, noting that he is deeply impressed by the beauty of Azerbaijan’s capital.
Alessandro Profumo said he was appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of Leonardo company this May, stressing that he makes his first foreign visit to Azerbaijan. He said that Azerbaijan is of great importance to both Italy and Leonardo company. Alessandro Profumo noted that Leonardo company is engaged in multi-faceted activities, and informed the head of state of the meetings he will have in Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Alessandro Profumo on his appointment as Chief Executive Officer of Leonardo company. The head of state recalled his meeting with previous Chief Executive Officer of Leonardo company Mauro Moretti earlier this year. President Ilham Aliyev described the fact that Alessandro Profumo pays his first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as a good indicator of interest in the country. Touching upon relations between Azerbaijan and Italy, President Ilham Aliyev said the agenda of bilateral cooperation is very extensive, and noted the two countries’ cooperation in many areas, including politics, economy, energy, industry and trade.
They exchanged views on the development of relations between Leonardo company and Azerbaijani bodies, including Defense Ministry, Ministry of Emergency Situations, State Border Service, SOCAR and Silkway company. They also discussed prospects in the field of cyber security and underlined good potential of cooperation.
Related news releases
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 05.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "If Azerbaijan leaves the Council of Europe, nothing will change in our life"
- 05.10.2017Walter Stevens: "Negotiations between EU and Azerbaijan continue in a very good way"
- 05.10.2017Plenary session of Scientific and Advisory Council under CIS ATC kicks off in Baku - UPDATED
- 04.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Democracy, all freedoms ensured in Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 04.10.2017First ballot for nomination of UNESCO director-general scheduled for Oct. 9
- 03.10.2017Ambassador: Germany wants relations with Turkey to be normalized soon