President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Secretary General of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Mohammad Barkindo.
OPEC Secretary General Mohammad Barkindo thanked for the invitation to visit Azerbaijan and said he was pleased to meet with the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. President Ilham Aliyev recalled his meeting with Mohammad Barkindo in Davos, stressing great importance of the OPEC Secretary General`s visit to Azerbaijan where the first oil in the world was produced.
Mohammad Barkindo thanked for the warm words. He described Azerbaijan as the cradle of the oil industry, saying every oilman should come and see Azerbaijan.
President Ilham Aliyev said the visit is a good opportunity for Mohammad Barkindo to familiarize himself with Azerbaijan`s historical places and modern development. President Ilham Aliyev praised successful development of Azerbaijan-OPEC cooperation, saying the country completely fulfills all its commitments to the organization. The head of state hailed effective and coordinated efforts taken by Mohammad Barkindo and OPEC to maintain oil price stability, describing this as a good result of joint activities.
Mohammad Barkindo noted President Ilham Aliyev`s role in bringing OPEC and non-OPEC members together, and hailed Azerbaijan`s co-chairmanship of the high-level technical committee, which led to the adoption of Declaration of Cooperation between OPEC and non-OPEC members. Mohammad Barkindo said Azerbaijan completely fulfilled all obligations it undertook, adding this demonstrates the country`s commitment to the agreement. He said not only oil producing, but also oil consuming countries are interested in this, noting that results of this work are already obvious in the oil industry and oil markets.
The sides discussed cooperation prospects.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received a delegation led by Secretary General of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Mohammad Barkindo.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum