President Ilham Aliyev: "Our relations with France are important"
Vice-President of the Movement of the Enterprises of France Debon noted that such events play an important role in the development of relations between Azerbaijan and French companies. She stressed that representatives of dozens of companies attended at the meeting expressing confidence that the event would be fruitful.
President Ilham Aliyev said that he was glad to be again in MEDEF. Stating that many projects have been successfully implemented so far, the Head of State stressed that large investments have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy within the framework of this cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev said that French companies are interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan has created a favorable business environment for investment. Noting the wide geography of ties between French companies and Azerbaijan, the Head of State said that our country, which became a member of the space family a few years ago, achieved this through cooperation with French companies. Touching upon the fruitful cooperation with the French companies and in the agricultural sphere, President Ilham Aliyev said that the French Lyceum and the University are functioning in Baku and the relations between our countries in the field of education are successfully developing.
Informing on successful implementation of deep economic reforms in Azerbaijan, the Head of State said that measures are being taken to reduce dependence on oil and to develop other sectors of the economy. He noted that Azerbaijan uses the experience of developed countries and this strategy is applied in all sectors of the economy.
President Ilham Aliyev also touched upon the Armenian-Azerbaijani, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, as a result of which more than a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced persons. The president has stressed that large-scale projects are being implemented in our country related to improving the living conditions of people in this category. The Head of State said that as a result of the conflict, in addition to Nagorno-Karabakh, seven more districts were occupied.
Touching upon the significance of the Southern Gas Corridor project, the Head of State noted that Azerbaijan plays a leading role in the implementation of the largest investment project in Europe. The Azerbaijani President said that this project is a new source of gas for consumers. President Ilham Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan, which plays the role of a bridge between Europe and Asia, occupies important positions in cargo transportation. He expressed the importance of the trilateral format Azerbaijan-Iran-Russia in this issue adding the construction of a sea port in Baku as well.
“Our relations with France are important,” said President Ilham Aliyev, stressing that French presidents Nicolas Sarkozy and Francois Hollande visited Baku. The Head of State stressed that business ties are of great importance for bilateral relations.
Related news releases
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 01.08.2017ECHR initiates communication upon lawsuit filed by spouses of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Arizona House of Representatives Speaker
- 31.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassador of Burkina Faso
- 27.07.2017Israeli embassy comments on Lapshin’s request
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 14.03.2017Baku to host PACE Committee meeting March 15
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian president had better focus on terrible economic situation in country, instead of telling tales
- 14.03.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Paris
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijan doesn’t recognize results of so-called parliamentary elections held in Abkhazia
- 13.03.2017Iran urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation of tension
- 13.03.2017Raimonds Vejonis: Latvia does not recognize ‘referendum’ in Nagorno-Karabakh - INTERVIEW