President Ilham Aliyev: "Our relations with France are important"
Vice-President of the Movement of the Enterprises of France Debon noted that such events play an important role in the development of relations between Azerbaijan and French companies. She stressed that representatives of dozens of companies attended at the meeting expressing confidence that the event would be fruitful.
President Ilham Aliyev said that he was glad to be again in MEDEF. Stating that many projects have been successfully implemented so far, the Head of State stressed that large investments have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy within the framework of this cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev said that French companies are interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan has created a favorable business environment for investment. Noting the wide geography of ties between French companies and Azerbaijan, the Head of State said that our country, which became a member of the space family a few years ago, achieved this through cooperation with French companies. Touching upon the fruitful cooperation with the French companies and in the agricultural sphere, President Ilham Aliyev said that the French Lyceum and the University are functioning in Baku and the relations between our countries in the field of education are successfully developing.
Informing on successful implementation of deep economic reforms in Azerbaijan, the Head of State said that measures are being taken to reduce dependence on oil and to develop other sectors of the economy. He noted that Azerbaijan uses the experience of developed countries and this strategy is applied in all sectors of the economy.
President Ilham Aliyev also touched upon the Armenian-Azerbaijani, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, as a result of which more than a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced persons. The president has stressed that large-scale projects are being implemented in our country related to improving the living conditions of people in this category. The Head of State said that as a result of the conflict, in addition to Nagorno-Karabakh, seven more districts were occupied.
Touching upon the significance of the Southern Gas Corridor project, the Head of State noted that Azerbaijan plays a leading role in the implementation of the largest investment project in Europe. The Azerbaijani President said that this project is a new source of gas for consumers. President Ilham Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan, which plays the role of a bridge between Europe and Asia, occupies important positions in cargo transportation. He expressed the importance of the trilateral format Azerbaijan-Iran-Russia in this issue adding the construction of a sea port in Baku as well.
“Our relations with France are important,” said President Ilham Aliyev, stressing that French presidents Nicolas Sarkozy and Francois Hollande visited Baku. The Head of State stressed that business ties are of great importance for bilateral relations.
Related news releases
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 14.03.2017Baku to host PACE Committee meeting March 15
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian president had better focus on terrible economic situation in country, instead of telling tales
- 14.03.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Paris
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijan doesn’t recognize results of so-called parliamentary elections held in Abkhazia
- 13.03.2017Iran urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation of tension
- 13.03.2017Raimonds Vejonis: Latvia does not recognize ‘referendum’ in Nagorno-Karabakh - INTERVIEW