President Ilham Aliyev: "Our relations with France are important"
Vice-President of the Movement of the Enterprises of France Debon noted that such events play an important role in the development of relations between Azerbaijan and French companies. She stressed that representatives of dozens of companies attended at the meeting expressing confidence that the event would be fruitful.
President Ilham Aliyev said that he was glad to be again in MEDEF. Stating that many projects have been successfully implemented so far, the Head of State stressed that large investments have been invested in the Azerbaijani economy within the framework of this cooperation. President Ilham Aliyev said that French companies are interested in cooperation with Azerbaijan. This is due to the fact that Azerbaijan has created a favorable business environment for investment. Noting the wide geography of ties between French companies and Azerbaijan, the Head of State said that our country, which became a member of the space family a few years ago, achieved this through cooperation with French companies. Touching upon the fruitful cooperation with the French companies and in the agricultural sphere, President Ilham Aliyev said that the French Lyceum and the University are functioning in Baku and the relations between our countries in the field of education are successfully developing.
Informing on successful implementation of deep economic reforms in Azerbaijan, the Head of State said that measures are being taken to reduce dependence on oil and to develop other sectors of the economy. He noted that Azerbaijan uses the experience of developed countries and this strategy is applied in all sectors of the economy.
President Ilham Aliyev also touched upon the Armenian-Azerbaijani, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, as a result of which more than a million Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced persons. The president has stressed that large-scale projects are being implemented in our country related to improving the living conditions of people in this category. The Head of State said that as a result of the conflict, in addition to Nagorno-Karabakh, seven more districts were occupied.
Touching upon the significance of the Southern Gas Corridor project, the Head of State noted that Azerbaijan plays a leading role in the implementation of the largest investment project in Europe. The Azerbaijani President said that this project is a new source of gas for consumers. President Ilham Aliyev stressed that Azerbaijan, which plays the role of a bridge between Europe and Asia, occupies important positions in cargo transportation. He expressed the importance of the trilateral format Azerbaijan-Iran-Russia in this issue adding the construction of a sea port in Baku as well.
“Our relations with France are important,” said President Ilham Aliyev, stressing that French presidents Nicolas Sarkozy and Francois Hollande visited Baku. The Head of State stressed that business ties are of great importance for bilateral relations.
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 14.03.2017Baku to host PACE Committee meeting March 15
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian president had better focus on terrible economic situation in country, instead of telling tales
- 14.03.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Paris
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijan doesn’t recognize results of so-called parliamentary elections held in Abkhazia
- 13.03.2017Iran urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation of tension
- 13.03.2017Raimonds Vejonis: Latvia does not recognize ‘referendum’ in Nagorno-Karabakh - INTERVIEW