Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Italy enjoy high-level cooperation - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Minister of Economic Development of the Italian Republic Carlo Calenda.
President Aliyev hailed Italy's active participation in the Third Ministerial Meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council. The head of state described this fact as another evidence of rapid development of cooperation in various areas, saying it is also very important in terms of successful implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project.
The president mentioned the signing of the Declaration on partnership between Azerbaijan and Italy. President Ilham Aliyev praised high-level Azerbaijan-Italy cooperation in political, economic, energy, cultural and other fields, adding that the development of bilateral relations is being diversified.
Carlo Calenda thanked the Azerbaijani president, on behalf of the Italian government, for the implementation of TAP project, which he said is of vital significance to his country. He said representatives of a number of Italian companies are attending this important ministerial meeting, pointing out the implementation by the two countries of vital projects covering a variety of areas.
Carlo Calenda recalled Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni's last year visit to Azerbaijan as Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
The sides also discussed prospects for Azerbaijan-Italy cooperation in various areas, including energy and agriculture. Italy's importing large volumes of oil and energy products to Azerbaijan was underlined at the meeting.
As a result of the meeting between President Ilham Aliyev and Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Italian Leonardo company Mauro Moretti on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference, the company will sign a memorandum of cooperation with SOCAR during the Third Ministerial Meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council.
Related news releases
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 23.02.2017Sefcovic: SGC of strategic importance for EU
- 23.02.2017Georgian PM phones Azerbaijani president
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Estonian counterpart
- 23.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkey’s energy minister - UPDATED
- 23.02.2017OSCE PA to start winter meeting in Vienna today
- 23.02.2017Georgian president to visit Azerbaijan