Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Italy enjoy high-level cooperation - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has met with Minister of Economic Development of the Italian Republic Carlo Calenda.
President Aliyev hailed Italy's active participation in the Third Ministerial Meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council. The head of state described this fact as another evidence of rapid development of cooperation in various areas, saying it is also very important in terms of successful implementation of the Southern Gas Corridor project.
The president mentioned the signing of the Declaration on partnership between Azerbaijan and Italy. President Ilham Aliyev praised high-level Azerbaijan-Italy cooperation in political, economic, energy, cultural and other fields, adding that the development of bilateral relations is being diversified.
Carlo Calenda thanked the Azerbaijani president, on behalf of the Italian government, for the implementation of TAP project, which he said is of vital significance to his country. He said representatives of a number of Italian companies are attending this important ministerial meeting, pointing out the implementation by the two countries of vital projects covering a variety of areas.
Carlo Calenda recalled Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni's last year visit to Azerbaijan as Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
The sides also discussed prospects for Azerbaijan-Italy cooperation in various areas, including energy and agriculture. Italy's importing large volumes of oil and energy products to Azerbaijan was underlined at the meeting.
As a result of the meeting between President Ilham Aliyev and Chief Executive Officer and General Manager of Italian Leonardo company Mauro Moretti on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference, the company will sign a memorandum of cooperation with SOCAR during the Third Ministerial Meeting of the Southern Gas Corridor Advisory Council.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017Putin, Rouhani discuss Caspian Sea legal status
- 28.03.2017Rouhani: Iran-Russia-Azerbaijan co-op format serves people’s prosperity
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament speaker meets PACE president
- 28.03.2017Belarus president: Does Armenia have anything to do Lapshin's case?
- 28.03.2017Tillerson: US interested in early settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan: Excavations by Armenia around Shusha mosque ‘vandalism’
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey to hold political consultations
- 27.03.2017Final statement adopted at summit of GUAM countries’ government heads
- 27.03.2017GUAM calls for resolution of conflicts based on states’ territorial integrity
- 27.03.2017Summit of GUAM countries’ government heads kicks off in Kiev
- 26.03.2017Denmark supports Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - envoy
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 23.02.2017Sefcovic: SGC of strategic importance for EU
- 23.02.2017Georgian PM phones Azerbaijani president
- 23.02.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Estonian counterpart
- 23.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkey’s energy minister - UPDATED
- 23.02.2017OSCE PA to start winter meeting in Vienna today
- 23.02.2017Georgian president to visit Azerbaijan