President Ilham Aliyev hails Azerbaijan’s successful development in 2017
Azerbaijan has successfully developed and the tasks ahead have been fulfilled since the beginning of 2017, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
Despite the growing disturbing moments in the world, Azerbaijan has managed to strengthen its stability, the source of which is the country’s people, President Aliyev said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in the first half of 2017 and objectives for the future, APA reported.
According to the president, all socio-economic issues in Azerbaijan are solved successfully and security in the country is ensured at a high level.
The head of state noted that over the first month of 2017, Azerbaijan’s international relations have become even more intensified and the country, which enjoys great respect in the word, has increased the number of friends.
President Aliyev mentioned that he has made visits to 10 countries since early 2017, stressing that the particular countries he visited are indicative of Azerbaijan’s foreign policy serving national interests.
The head of state recalled that the country has hosted a number of major events so far this year, such as the 5th Global Baku Forum, the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue, noting that these events reflect the positive attitude toward and respect for Azerbaijan.
The president stressed that Azerbaijan hosted the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games at a high level, adding that Azerbaijan’s national team ranked first in the Games medal standing, which he said stems from the fact that Azerbaijan is a country with powerful athletes.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president confers diplomatic rank on Elmira Saridzhalinskaya
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-US relations entered ‘new stage’
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen FMs to meet in Baku
- 12.07.2017Talks underway on Gulen’s extradition to Turkey – ambassador