President Ilham Aliyev hails Azerbaijan’s successful development in 2017
Azerbaijan has successfully developed and the tasks ahead have been fulfilled since the beginning of 2017, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
Despite the growing disturbing moments in the world, Azerbaijan has managed to strengthen its stability, the source of which is the country’s people, President Aliyev said addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in the first half of 2017 and objectives for the future, APA reported.
According to the president, all socio-economic issues in Azerbaijan are solved successfully and security in the country is ensured at a high level.
The head of state noted that over the first month of 2017, Azerbaijan’s international relations have become even more intensified and the country, which enjoys great respect in the word, has increased the number of friends.
President Aliyev mentioned that he has made visits to 10 countries since early 2017, stressing that the particular countries he visited are indicative of Azerbaijan’s foreign policy serving national interests.
The head of state recalled that the country has hosted a number of major events so far this year, such as the 5th Global Baku Forum, the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue, noting that these events reflect the positive attitude toward and respect for Azerbaijan.
The president stressed that Azerbaijan hosted the 4th Islamic Solidarity Games at a high level, adding that Azerbaijan’s national team ranked first in the Games medal standing, which he said stems from the fact that Azerbaijan is a country with powerful athletes.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president confers diplomatic rank on Elmira Saridzhalinskaya
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-US relations entered ‘new stage’
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen FMs to meet in Baku
- 12.07.2017Talks underway on Gulen’s extradition to Turkey – ambassador