Ilham Aliyev: BTK, NSTC to allow Afghanistan to enter world market
The Baku-Tbilisi-Kars (BTK) and the North-South Transport Corridor (NSTC) projects will provide access for Afghanistan to enter the world market and the Afghan goods will reach the European markets via a shorter way, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at the 7th Ministerial Conference, titled “Security and Economic Connectivity towards a Strengthened Heart of Asia Region”, which was held as part of the Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process in Baku on Dec. 1, APA reported.
The head of state noted that Azerbaijan is pleased that various conditions are being created for Afghanistan.
“We view Afghanistan as a center of trade and transport. Cooperation with Afghanistan is not just about economic cooperation, but also cooperation in security,” said President Aliyev.
According to the president, the event, titled “Security and Economic Connectivity towards a Strengthened Heart of Asia Region”, will serve cooperation on two particular issues.
“We believe that Afghanistan will play an important role in trade and transport projects in the region and that Afghanistan will achieve its goals in 2018-2025. We are ready to contribute to Afghanistan. I wish a prosperous and happy future for friendly and fraternal Afghanistan,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.07.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan on July 24
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 01.12.2017Afghan FM: Istanbul Process provides wider cooperation in region
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: The Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process to contribute to Afghanistan’s development
- 01.12.2017Afghan president says Taliban ‘has no future’
- 01.12.2017Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference kicks off in Baku
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates Romanian counterpart
- 30.11.2017Afghan president arrives in Azerbaijan