President Ilham Aliyev: “Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven gas reserves”
APA’s correspondent reports from Brussels that assessing the outcomes of the negotiations, José Manuel Barroso said the meeting was held in “a very open, constructive and friendly atmosphere".
The sides discussed energy issues and the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor. "Azerbaijan is an important partner for the European Union" - said Jose Manuel Barroso.
He said Azerbaijani President once again confirmed that his country would select the project on the gas supply to Europe next week: “This is a commercial decision for Shah Deniz consortium, but I would like to note that both routes are of strategic importance in terms of diversification of energy routes to Europe. The realization of the project on transportation of Azerbaijani gas is profitable for both sides. The project will deliver 10 billion cubic meters of gas to Europe by 2019. We are not going to stop. The Southern Corridor will be able to meet more than 10 % of Europe's gas demand and will serve the energy security, stability and creation of new jobs.”
Jose Manuel Barroso said that they exchanged views on Azerbaijan’s chairmanship over the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe next year, upcoming presidential elections and the situation in the South Caucasus region.
Barroso said they support fair solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict basing on the international legal norms, noted that the European Union supports the efforts of OSCE Minsk Group.
President Ilham Aliyev stated that Azerbaijan is interested in the soonest solution of Nagorno Karabakh conflict.
“As a result of this conflict, Azerbaijan’s territories are still under occupation,” he said.
Speaking about Azerbaijan-EU cooperation, President said energy cooperation is a part of these relations. He mentioned the Joint Declaration on the development of Southern Gas Corridor signed earlier with the European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.
“I hope the volume of the Azerbaijani gas delivered to Europe will not be restricted to two projects on Shah Deniz. Azerbaijan has more than 2 trillion cubic meters proven natural gas reserves and Europe will become the major market for Azerbaijan’s gas,” he said.
Related news releases
- 23.07.2016Azerbaijani president extends condolences to German counterpart
- 23.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Chancellor Angela Merkel
- 23.07.2016No Azerbaijanis among Munich shooting victims - Foreign Ministry
- 23.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns coup d’etat attempt in Turkey
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani, Russian Deputy FMs hold phone conversation
- 21.07.2016Turkey continues fight against FETO followers within and beyond – ambassador
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani president receives Italian minister of education
- 21.07.2016Next meeting of Azerbajiani, Armenian presidents expected in August
- 20.07.2016Ankara seeks new meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani, Georgian presidents
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold phone conversation
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s finance minister signs condolence book at French embassy
- 18.07.2016France not to give fight against terrorism – ambassador
- 18.07.2016SOFAZ’s revenues hit 4B manats in Q2 2016
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan’s political parties comment on Turkey coup attempt
- 16.07.2016President Aliyev: Coup attempt in Turkey – crime against country’s people
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan always stands by Turkey – FM
- 16.07.2016No Azerbaijanis among Turkey coup attempt victims – embassy
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns Turkey coup attempt – top official
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan’s diplomatic missions in Turkey working in strengthened mode – Foreign Ministry
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan seriously concerned about events in Turkey
- 16.07.2016Turkish embassy in Azerbaijan issues statement on coup attempt
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani president receives delegation of Swiss Confederation
- 15.07.2016Flag at half-mast at French Embassy in Baku after Nice attack
- 15.07.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue standing by each other
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs holding meeting in Baku
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani president offers condolences to French counterpart
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns Nice terrorist attack
- 15.07.2016Turkish FM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan checking presence of its citizens among Nice terrorist attack victims
- 14.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted dinner reception in honor of Ukrainian President
- 14.07.2016Ukrainian president, Azerbaijani PM meet in Baku
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan offers Ukraine to take advantage of its transport corridors
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees 30% rise in budget transfers through customs authorities
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan, Ukraine to seek bilateral trade growth
- 14.07.2016Poroshenko: Ukraine doesn’t recognize Nagorno-Karabakh and welcomes Azerbaijan’s stance on Crimea
- 14.07.2016Turkish FM due in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Ukraine keen to develop military-technical co-op
- 14.07.2016Poroshenko’s visit to Azerbaijan of great importance for development of bilateral relations – President Aliyev
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan, Ukraine ink bilateral documents
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijani president officially welcomes Ukrainian counterpart
- 21.06.2013European Commission President: “I am fully confident that President Ilham Aliyev is committed to the modernization of his country”
- 21.06.2013Belgian office of The European Azerbaijan Society organizes seminar in European Parliament
- 22.06.2013Azerbaijani President: "Self-determination of peoples must not be in contradiction with the territorial integrity of the countries"
- 21.06.2013President Ilham Aliyev: “No one is arrested for political views in Azerbaijan”
- 21.06.2013Azerbaijani Parliament issues statement of protest on European Parliament’s resolution
- 21.06.2013European Council President: “Stability can not be achieved in the South Caucasus, unless the Nagorno Karabakh problem is solved fairly”