Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries - UPDATED
The 13th Summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) kicked off in the Pakistani capital of Islamabad on Wednesday.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the event.
Participants of the summit posed together for photographs.
The summit started with the recitation of ayahs from the Quran.
President Aliyev made keynote remarks at the summit.
The head of state thanked Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif for the hospitality and excellent organization of the 13th ECO Summit, noting that Azerbaijan had hosted two ECO summits in 2006 and 2012.
President Aliyev said Azerbaijan has good relations with countries that are members of this organization and is strengthening economic ties with its partners on both bilateral and multilateral levels.
The head of state then announced Muhammad Nawaz Sharif’s appointment as Chairman of the 13th ECO Summit and wished him success in his activities.
President Aliyev stressed that the friendly and fraternal relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan are based on mutual trust and support. The head of state thanked Pakistan on behalf of the people of Azerbaijan for not having built any diplomatic relations with Armenia, which has occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory.
The president also mentioned to the guest the consequences of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia’s ignoring international law, noting that Pakistan is one of the 10 countries that have recognized the Khojaly genocide officially.
Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries, mentioning that the year 2017 has been declared the “Year of Islamic Solidarity” in Azerbaijan.
The president wished success for members states of the Economic Cooperation Organization.
- 21.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former heads of state and government attending Global Young Leaders Forum
- 21.08.2017Latvia’s ex-president hails Azerbaijan’s experience in hosting high-profile events
- 21.08.2017Ismail Serageldin makes presentation on development of youth leadership at Baku forum
- 21.08.2017Opening session of Global Young Leaders Forum held in Baku
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs expected to meet in Baku next month
- 21.08.2017Global Young Leaders Forum kicks off in Baku
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 01.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Pakistan
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan – an invaluable partner in countering terrorism, former US military official says
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan says UN report on human rights is one-sided, unbalanced
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani President meets with Turkish President in Islamabad
- 28.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended dinner party hosted by Pakistani head of state
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani presidents meet in Islamabad - UPDATED