Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries - UPDATED
The 13th Summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) kicked off in the Pakistani capital of Islamabad on Wednesday.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the event.
Participants of the summit posed together for photographs.
The summit started with the recitation of ayahs from the Quran.
President Aliyev made keynote remarks at the summit.
The head of state thanked Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif for the hospitality and excellent organization of the 13th ECO Summit, noting that Azerbaijan had hosted two ECO summits in 2006 and 2012.
President Aliyev said Azerbaijan has good relations with countries that are members of this organization and is strengthening economic ties with its partners on both bilateral and multilateral levels.
The head of state then announced Muhammad Nawaz Sharif’s appointment as Chairman of the 13th ECO Summit and wished him success in his activities.
President Aliyev stressed that the friendly and fraternal relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan are based on mutual trust and support. The head of state thanked Pakistan on behalf of the people of Azerbaijan for not having built any diplomatic relations with Armenia, which has occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory.
The president also mentioned to the guest the consequences of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia’s ignoring international law, noting that Pakistan is one of the 10 countries that have recognized the Khojaly genocide officially.
Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries, mentioning that the year 2017 has been declared the “Year of Islamic Solidarity” in Azerbaijan.
The president wished success for members states of the Economic Cooperation Organization.
- 25.04.2017PACE holds hearing on Agramunt’s recent visit to Syria
- 25.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of new Japanese ambassador - UPDATED
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE opposes call to reopen monitoring procedure in respect of Turkey
- 25.04.2017Trump cuts financial assistance to Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2017BSEC committee meeting underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 25.04.2017Candidates for post of UNESCO Director-General to be interviewed
- 24.04.2017Russian Foreign Ministry responds to request on measures to protect Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov
- 24.04.2017CoE Committee of Ministers urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation
- 24.04.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Dubai tourism exhibition
- 24.04.2017Hamid Aboutalebi: Iran-Azerbaijan ties to develop further
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Lithuania
- 22.04.2017Moroccan FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2017Delegation of Azerbaijani parliament to attend PACE spring session
- 22.04.2017Azerbaijani president receives former Austrian president
- 21.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives FIDE president - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Ukrainian police take control of hijacking of Azerbaijani trucks – embassy
- 20.04.2017Top official: Azerbaijan has become leader in South Caucasus
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia hold consultations on state border delimitation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan gets status of guest at OECD Development Assistance Committee
- 19.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Talks on new EU-Azerbaijan agreement – important step to develop bilateral cooperation - UPDATED
- 18.04.2017Mard: EU looking forward to next round of talks with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2017Ilham Aliyev receives former Bulgarian president Plevneliev
- 18.04.2017EU has implemented 70 civil society projects in Azerbaijan since 2007
- 18.04.2017Malta supports signing of EU-Azerbaijan strategic partnership agreement – PM
- 18.04.2017Meeting of Minsk Group countries’ parliamentarians in OSCE PA expected in coming months
- 17.04.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Malta and Italy - UPDATED
- 17.04.2017Baku hosts 4th meeting of joint commission on Azerbaijan-Russia border demarcation
- 16.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 16.04.2017Azerbaijan interested in developing military co-op with Iran – defense minister
- 16.04.2017Iranian defense minister: Hope Azerbaijan and Armenia won’t permit third parties to interfere in conflict
- 16.04.2017Azerbaijan and Iran discussed expansion of military cooperation
- 14.04.2017New chair of European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 14.04.2017Azerbaijan, Djibouti set up interparliamentary working group
- 14.04.2017Moscow says draft convention on Caspian Sea’s status almost ready for signing
- 14.04.2017MFA: Visa-free regime – one of topics of discussion between Azerbaijan, EU
- 13.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kyiv Mayor Klitschko - UPDATED
- 13.04.2017Azerbaijan, Ukraine to sign several documents soon
- 13.04.2017Klitschko: Kyiv-Baku cooperation potential not fully realized
- 13.04.2017Visegrad Group welcomes Azerbaijan’s intention to continue visa liberalization dialogue with EU
- 13.04.2017Fourth meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia joint commission on demarcation kicks off in Baku
- 01.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Pakistan
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan – an invaluable partner in countering terrorism, former US military official says
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan says UN report on human rights is one-sided, unbalanced
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani President meets with Turkish President in Islamabad
- 28.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended dinner party hosted by Pakistani head of state
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani presidents meet in Islamabad - UPDATED