Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries - UPDATED
The 13th Summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization (ECO) kicked off in the Pakistani capital of Islamabad on Wednesday.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the event.
Participants of the summit posed together for photographs.
The summit started with the recitation of ayahs from the Quran.
President Aliyev made keynote remarks at the summit.
The head of state thanked Pakistani Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif for the hospitality and excellent organization of the 13th ECO Summit, noting that Azerbaijan had hosted two ECO summits in 2006 and 2012.
President Aliyev said Azerbaijan has good relations with countries that are members of this organization and is strengthening economic ties with its partners on both bilateral and multilateral levels.
The head of state then announced Muhammad Nawaz Sharif’s appointment as Chairman of the 13th ECO Summit and wished him success in his activities.
President Aliyev stressed that the friendly and fraternal relations between Azerbaijan and Pakistan are based on mutual trust and support. The head of state thanked Pakistan on behalf of the people of Azerbaijan for not having built any diplomatic relations with Armenia, which has occupied 20 percent of Azerbaijani territory.
The president also mentioned to the guest the consequences of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia’s ignoring international law, noting that Pakistan is one of the 10 countries that have recognized the Khojaly genocide officially.
Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan attaches great importance to solidarity among Muslim countries, mentioning that the year 2017 has been declared the “Year of Islamic Solidarity” in Azerbaijan.
The president wished success for members states of the Economic Cooperation Organization.
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Warsaw for official visit
- 26.06.2017Uncertainty continues over Agramunt’s PACE presidency
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Russian deputy prime minister
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Executive Chairman of Formula One Group
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received editor-in-chief of Russian “Zavtra” newspaper
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Slovenian president
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Croatian president
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to France
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president completes visit to Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Georgia should implement joint educational projects - UPDATED
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to demand explanation from Czech Foreign Ministry on ambassador’s statements
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan's candidate for UNESCO director-general visits Germany
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Costa Rican counterpart in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates new Saudi crown prince
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Costa Rican FM
- 23.06.2017Malena Mard: I will get back to work in Swedish foreign ministry
- 23.06.2017UK Ambassador: Azerbaijan is not only a major global energy player but also a source of opportunity for other areas of business
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president: “Need to give dynamism to the relations between Azerbaijan and Moldova”
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan provides aid to four countries stricken by famine threat
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president visits Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 22.06.2017Igor Dodon: Wide range of issues discussed at meeting with Azerbaijani president
- 22.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Moldova have good potential for trade and economic cooperation
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president hosts official dinner reception in honor of Moldovan counterpart
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents make press statements
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold expanded meeting
- 22.06.2017PACE co-rapporteurs issue statement after their visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 22.06.2017Official welcoming ceremony held for Moldovan president
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences over former German chancellor's death - UPDATED
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Lao foreign minister - UPDATED
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: European Parliament resolution on Azerbaijan is unfair
- 19.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolence over Helmut Kohl’s death
- 17.06.2017Robert Cekuta: Diversity of Azerbaijan’s religious communities is source of strength
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan confirms its composition of joint intergovernmental commission with Israel
- 16.06.2017Hassan Rouhani sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 01.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev ends visit to Pakistan
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan – an invaluable partner in countering terrorism, former US military official says
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijan says UN report on human rights is one-sided, unbalanced
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani President meets with Turkish President in Islamabad
- 28.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended dinner party hosted by Pakistani head of state
- 28.02.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani presidents meet in Islamabad - UPDATED