President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
Vice President of Bulgaria Iliana Iotova expressed her happiness to visit Azerbaijan as a member of the Bulgarian parliament five years ago and now as the country`s vice president.
She said she actively worked with Azerbaijan when she was a Member of the European Parliament. The Vice President of Bulgaria said: "Let me give you a letter from President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev who extends his best wishes and kind words on the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. We in Bulgaria are well aware of the valuable history of our relations and I am confident that the future of our ties will be more prosperous."
The head of state thanked for the Bulgarian President`s warm words in the letter and asked Iliana Iotova to communicate his greetings and best wishes to Rumen Radev.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled his brief meeting with President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev during the Munich Security Conference, expressing his confidence that the presidents of the two countries will maintain good cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Iliana Iotova on her appointment as Vice President of Bulgaria, and wished her success in her future endeavors.
The head of state said Iliana Iotova`s making her first visit in the post of vice president to Azerbaijan is a good sign of close relationship between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan-Bulgaria bilateral relations cover various fields, including politics, energy and culture. The head of state said first lady Mehriban Aliyeva`s active participation in Veliko Tarnovo cultural project contributes to bringing the two countries closer to each other. President Ilham Aliyev described the fact that Iliana Iotova attends the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue as manifestation of Bulgaria`s attaching importance to this event.
Vice President of Bulgaria Iliana Iotova said: "I would like to congratulate Madam Mehriban Aliyeva on the occasion of her appointment as Vice President. While I was a student, my first thesis was devoted to Trapezitsa. Madam Mehriban Aliyeva, you made my dreams come true. You made an active contribution to the restoration of Trapezitsa Architectural Museum Reserve."
First lady Mehriban Aliyeva thanked for warm words: "Thank you. I will continue our joint activity and cooperation with great pleasure. Please extend my greetings to all my friends in Veliko Tarnovo."
The Vice President of Bulgaria presented keepsakes to President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva.
They then posed for photographs.
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers – Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani presidents kicks off
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 20.04.2018Miroslav Lajčák: UN’s success in preventing conflict should be the norm – not the exception
- 20.04.2018German president congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Mohammed VI, King of Morocco congratulates Ilham Aliyev on re-election as Azerbaijani president
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: We're glad that there is an unbiased view of Skripal issue in Azerbaijan
- 19.04.2018Zakharova: Relations with Azerbaijan a foreign policy priority for Russia
- 19.04.2018Top Russian, NATO generals meet in Baku
- 19.04.2018Military expert: Baku meeting of Russian, NATO generals aimed at preventing ‘threat of a third world war’
- 19.04.2018Steven Seagal congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to George H.W. Bush
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Malian counterpart