President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
Vice President of Bulgaria Iliana Iotova expressed her happiness to visit Azerbaijan as a member of the Bulgarian parliament five years ago and now as the country`s vice president.
She said she actively worked with Azerbaijan when she was a Member of the European Parliament. The Vice President of Bulgaria said: "Let me give you a letter from President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev who extends his best wishes and kind words on the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. We in Bulgaria are well aware of the valuable history of our relations and I am confident that the future of our ties will be more prosperous."
The head of state thanked for the Bulgarian President`s warm words in the letter and asked Iliana Iotova to communicate his greetings and best wishes to Rumen Radev.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled his brief meeting with President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev during the Munich Security Conference, expressing his confidence that the presidents of the two countries will maintain good cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Iliana Iotova on her appointment as Vice President of Bulgaria, and wished her success in her future endeavors.
The head of state said Iliana Iotova`s making her first visit in the post of vice president to Azerbaijan is a good sign of close relationship between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan-Bulgaria bilateral relations cover various fields, including politics, energy and culture. The head of state said first lady Mehriban Aliyeva`s active participation in Veliko Tarnovo cultural project contributes to bringing the two countries closer to each other. President Ilham Aliyev described the fact that Iliana Iotova attends the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue as manifestation of Bulgaria`s attaching importance to this event.
Vice President of Bulgaria Iliana Iotova said: "I would like to congratulate Madam Mehriban Aliyeva on the occasion of her appointment as Vice President. While I was a student, my first thesis was devoted to Trapezitsa. Madam Mehriban Aliyeva, you made my dreams come true. You made an active contribution to the restoration of Trapezitsa Architectural Museum Reserve."
First lady Mehriban Aliyeva thanked for warm words: "Thank you. I will continue our joint activity and cooperation with great pleasure. Please extend my greetings to all my friends in Veliko Tarnovo."
The Vice President of Bulgaria presented keepsakes to President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva.
They then posed for photographs.
- 27.05.2017Emperor of Japan sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter of condolence to Egyptian counterpart
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among Manchester blast victims
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives UAE delegation - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani FM briefs European Parliament delegation on settlement process of Karabakh conflict
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit ends with adoption of Istanbul Declaration
- 22.05.2017Erdogan: Some were suspicious that BSEC could continue to exist long
- 22.05.2017MP: Azerbaijan supports organizing peace platform between Armenia, Azerbaijan at European Parliament
- 22.05.2017Romanian investors seeking to expand relations with Azerbaijan, says envoy
- 22.05.2017European Parliament committee chair says Azerbaijan is a valuable partner for Europe
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Malian counterpart