President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva met with vice president of Bulgaria
Vice President of Bulgaria Iliana Iotova expressed her happiness to visit Azerbaijan as a member of the Bulgarian parliament five years ago and now as the country`s vice president.
She said she actively worked with Azerbaijan when she was a Member of the European Parliament. The Vice President of Bulgaria said: "Let me give you a letter from President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev who extends his best wishes and kind words on the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries. We in Bulgaria are well aware of the valuable history of our relations and I am confident that the future of our ties will be more prosperous."
The head of state thanked for the Bulgarian President`s warm words in the letter and asked Iliana Iotova to communicate his greetings and best wishes to Rumen Radev.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled his brief meeting with President of Bulgaria Rumen Radev during the Munich Security Conference, expressing his confidence that the presidents of the two countries will maintain good cooperation.
President Ilham Aliyev congratulated Iliana Iotova on her appointment as Vice President of Bulgaria, and wished her success in her future endeavors.
The head of state said Iliana Iotova`s making her first visit in the post of vice president to Azerbaijan is a good sign of close relationship between the two countries.
President Ilham Aliyev said Azerbaijan-Bulgaria bilateral relations cover various fields, including politics, energy and culture. The head of state said first lady Mehriban Aliyeva`s active participation in Veliko Tarnovo cultural project contributes to bringing the two countries closer to each other. President Ilham Aliyev described the fact that Iliana Iotova attends the 4th World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue as manifestation of Bulgaria`s attaching importance to this event.
Vice President of Bulgaria Iliana Iotova said: "I would like to congratulate Madam Mehriban Aliyeva on the occasion of her appointment as Vice President. While I was a student, my first thesis was devoted to Trapezitsa. Madam Mehriban Aliyeva, you made my dreams come true. You made an active contribution to the restoration of Trapezitsa Architectural Museum Reserve."
First lady Mehriban Aliyeva thanked for warm words: "Thank you. I will continue our joint activity and cooperation with great pleasure. Please extend my greetings to all my friends in Veliko Tarnovo."
The Vice President of Bulgaria presented keepsakes to President Ilham Aliyev and first lady Mehriban Aliyeva.
They then posed for photographs.
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Riga
- 16.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Latvia for official visit
- 15.07.2017Alexei Venediktov: Russia-Azerbaijan relations should be cleared of ‘random mines’
- 15.07.2017Turkish ambassador: Ilham Aliyev was one of the first heads of state to telephone Erdogan during 15 July coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: Fetullah isn’t on his own, he has backers
- 14.07.2017Turkish deputy PM: Killing of 2-year-old Zahra is ‘international crime’
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 06.05.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan known as multicultural, tolerant state worldwide
- 06.05.2017Azerbaijani official: World Forum on Intercultural Dialogue of great importance
- 06.05.2017CMO chairman: Clashes taking place in Muslim countries ‘result of Western policy’
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Council of Europe deputy secretary general
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Director General Irina Bokova
- 05.05.2017Azerbaijani president meets Malian counterpart