President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Bulgaria Nikolay Yankov.
Ambassador Nikolay Yankov reviewed a guard of honor.
Nikolay Yankov presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
The head of state said that bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Bulgaria are developing successfully, and stressed the importance of high-level reciprocal visits. President Ilham Aliyev recalled the trips of Bulgarian presidents and prime ministers to Baku and his visits to Bulgaria. President Ilham Aliyev expressed hope that Nikolay Yankov`s activity will contribute to the expansion of the bilateral cooperation.
Ambassador Nikolay Yankov extended greetings of Bulgarian President Rumen Radev to President Ilham Aliyev. He congratulated the head of state on his re-election as President as well as on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic. The ambassador praised friendly relations between the leadership of the two countries and emphasized its role in developing the bilateral ties.
Touching upon the Southern Gas Corridor project, Nikolay Yankov said that the implementation of this project is of great importance in terms of ensuring European energy security as well as diversifying Bulgaria's gas supply, adding his country could play a transit role in this project in the future. He once again reiterated Bulgaria`s political commitment to the realization of this important project.
President Ilham Aliyev noted the significance of the recent inauguration of the Southern Gas Corridor in Baku and stressed that TANAP will be put into operation in the coming days. The President said that the Southern Gas Corridor project has been successfully implemented. The head of state noted that Bulgaria is an important part of this project and could play a transit role in the future to deliver Azerbaijani gas to other countries.
President Ilham Aliyev thanked for the greetings of President Rumen Radev and asked Nikolay Yankov to extend his greetings to the President of Bulgaria.
They exchanged views over various aspects of bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Bulgaria, in particular prospects in economic, tourism, investment making and agricultural fields.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has received credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Bulgaria Nikolay Hristov Yankov.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 07.06.2018Santa Monica proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 06.06.2018EU must engage with Azerbaijan or Putin will
- 06.06.2018Moscow: Serious preparation underway to sign convention on Caspian legal status at upcoming summit
- 06.06.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic solemnly marked in Washington, DC
- 06.06.2018PACE to elect new president at summer session
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Bulgarian envoy
- 05.06.2018Ambassador: Azerbaijan, UK enjoy constructive relations at all levels - INTERVIEW
- 05.06.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states: Kazakh president
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”