President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
Today, relations between Azerbaijan and Turkey are at the highest level, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
Erdogan arrived in Azerbaijan's capital Baku on Tuesday in his first official visit outside Turkey after his re-election.
President Aliyev noted that Turkey-Azerbaijan friendship, brotherhood is indestructible and eternal, and this visit once again demonstrates the unity between the two countries.
The Azerbaijani president said that the people of Turkey once again demonstrated their confidence in Erdogan in the last elections.
"Under your leadership, Turkey has followed a glorious path, becoming a world power and gaining a greater international reputation,” said President Aliyev, emphasizing that Turkey is one of the countries worldwide with the highest economic growth rate.
“Under your leadership, stability is prevailing in Turkey. Turkey's successes make the Azerbaijani people happy. Our personal friendship brings our countries closer. Today Turkey-Azerbaijan relations are at the highest level. We are constantly supporting each other in the international arena,” he added.
The president also touched upon investments made in Azerbaijan by Turkish companies.
He pointed out that Turkish companies have invested more than $12 billion in Azerbaijan.
"Last month, we were together at the TANAP opening in Eskisehir. In 2012, we signed an agreement in Istanbul laying the foundation of the TANAP project. The Southern Gas Corridor project is about to be completed successfully. The completion of TANAP is a big step in this direction. Turkey and Azerbaijan are redrawing Eurasia’s energy map. Our joint projects are of great importance not only to the region, but also to Eurasia. They are great contributions to regional stability. I am confident that with the joint efforts of Turkey and Azerbaijan peace will prevail in the region,” President Aliyev added.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting