President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Malaysia relations of pivotal importance
Seri Ronald Kiandee said that it was their first visit to Baku. He highlighted the activity of the Malaysia-Azerbaijan friendship group at the Parliament of Malaysia, saying it consists of eight members. He hailed the friendship group’s role in developing relations between the legislative bodies of the two countries. The Deputy Speaker stressed the importance of reciprocal visits. Describing Azerbaijan as an important partner of Malaysia, Seri Ronald Kiandee hailed the Malaysian Petronas company's activities in the country as a good example of bilateral relations.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with pleasure Malaysian Prime Minister Mohammad Najib Tun Abdul Razak's visit to Azerbaijan and fruitful discussions they held during the meetings.
Saying the bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Malaysia are of pivotal importance for both countries, the head of state noted that these ties had developed in various fields, including political, economic and other ones.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that there were ample opportunities for developing cooperation between the two countries in investment making, high technology, tourism and other fields.
Underlining Malaysian Petronas company's successful operation in Azerbaijan, the head of state said that the company had a large stake in one of the important projects in the country.
Describing Azerbaijan and Malaysia as friendly countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the two countries have always supported each other within international organizations.
Pointing to the importance of the inter-parliamentary relations between the two countries, the head of state expressed his hope that the visit of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Malaysian Parliament to Baku would create a good opportunity for more active mutual cooperation between the two countries' parliamentarians.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 12.04.2016Latvia’s stance on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged – ambassador
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijani ambassador meets with Italian education minister
- 13.04.2016Greek MP’s visit to Karabakh doesn't reflect official position of Greece – embassy
- 12.04.2016Baku reacts to Greek, Latvian MPs’ illegal visit to occupied Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijan urges int’l community to demand from Armenia to cease illegal occupation of territories
- 12.04.2016Matthew Bryza criticizes Obama Administration for negligence to Karabakh problem