President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Malaysia relations of pivotal importance
Seri Ronald Kiandee said that it was their first visit to Baku. He highlighted the activity of the Malaysia-Azerbaijan friendship group at the Parliament of Malaysia, saying it consists of eight members. He hailed the friendship group’s role in developing relations between the legislative bodies of the two countries. The Deputy Speaker stressed the importance of reciprocal visits. Describing Azerbaijan as an important partner of Malaysia, Seri Ronald Kiandee hailed the Malaysian Petronas company's activities in the country as a good example of bilateral relations.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with pleasure Malaysian Prime Minister Mohammad Najib Tun Abdul Razak's visit to Azerbaijan and fruitful discussions they held during the meetings.
Saying the bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Malaysia are of pivotal importance for both countries, the head of state noted that these ties had developed in various fields, including political, economic and other ones.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that there were ample opportunities for developing cooperation between the two countries in investment making, high technology, tourism and other fields.
Underlining Malaysian Petronas company's successful operation in Azerbaijan, the head of state said that the company had a large stake in one of the important projects in the country.
Describing Azerbaijan and Malaysia as friendly countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the two countries have always supported each other within international organizations.
Pointing to the importance of the inter-parliamentary relations between the two countries, the head of state expressed his hope that the visit of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Malaysian Parliament to Baku would create a good opportunity for more active mutual cooperation between the two countries' parliamentarians.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 12.04.2016Latvia’s stance on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged – ambassador
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijani ambassador meets with Italian education minister
- 13.04.2016Greek MP’s visit to Karabakh doesn't reflect official position of Greece – embassy
- 12.04.2016Baku reacts to Greek, Latvian MPs’ illegal visit to occupied Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijan urges int’l community to demand from Armenia to cease illegal occupation of territories
- 12.04.2016Matthew Bryza criticizes Obama Administration for negligence to Karabakh problem