President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Malaysia relations of pivotal importance
Seri Ronald Kiandee said that it was their first visit to Baku. He highlighted the activity of the Malaysia-Azerbaijan friendship group at the Parliament of Malaysia, saying it consists of eight members. He hailed the friendship group’s role in developing relations between the legislative bodies of the two countries. The Deputy Speaker stressed the importance of reciprocal visits. Describing Azerbaijan as an important partner of Malaysia, Seri Ronald Kiandee hailed the Malaysian Petronas company's activities in the country as a good example of bilateral relations.
President Ilham Aliyev recalled with pleasure Malaysian Prime Minister Mohammad Najib Tun Abdul Razak's visit to Azerbaijan and fruitful discussions they held during the meetings.
Saying the bilateral relations between Azerbaijan and Malaysia are of pivotal importance for both countries, the head of state noted that these ties had developed in various fields, including political, economic and other ones.
President Ilham Aliyev noted that there were ample opportunities for developing cooperation between the two countries in investment making, high technology, tourism and other fields.
Underlining Malaysian Petronas company's successful operation in Azerbaijan, the head of state said that the company had a large stake in one of the important projects in the country.
Describing Azerbaijan and Malaysia as friendly countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized that the two countries have always supported each other within international organizations.
Pointing to the importance of the inter-parliamentary relations between the two countries, the head of state expressed his hope that the visit of the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Malaysian Parliament to Baku would create a good opportunity for more active mutual cooperation between the two countries' parliamentarians.
Related news releases
- 23.10.2017Georgia’s prime minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Top official: PACE seems to have turned into tool in hands of certain circles
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani official: We had urged countries now faced with separatism to state their stance against separatism
- 23.10.2017Iranian interior minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: No one in Europe wants Azerbaijan to leave Council of Europe
- 23.10.2017Talks underway to free Azerbaijanis detained in Iraq, diplomat says
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 12.04.2016Latvia’s stance on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged – ambassador
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijani ambassador meets with Italian education minister
- 13.04.2016Greek MP’s visit to Karabakh doesn't reflect official position of Greece – embassy
- 12.04.2016Baku reacts to Greek, Latvian MPs’ illegal visit to occupied Nagorno-Karabakh
- 12.04.2016Azerbaijan urges int’l community to demand from Armenia to cease illegal occupation of territories
- 12.04.2016Matthew Bryza criticizes Obama Administration for negligence to Karabakh problem