Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
A photo-exhibition on Baku by American professional photographer Nick Agelidis was opens in San Diego, the second-largest city in California.
The exhibition, entitled "A Week in Baku: through the lens of a San Diego photographer", opened at Meyer Fine Art Inc, Azerbaijan's Consulate General in Los Angeles told APA on May 10.
The opening ceremony was attended by admirers of art, teachers and students of various art schools, as well as members of the visiting delegation to San Diego.
The photo exhibition will last until the end of May. The collection features architectural pearls of Baku, including the Maiden Tower, the Heydar Aliyev Center, the Flame Towers, and historical and cultural monuments. Also at the exhibition you visitors can see photographs reflecting the spirit of the Nowruz holiday in Baku, which is one of the most expensive holidays celebrated by the Azerbaijani people. The coincidence of the photographer's visit to Baku with the Nowruz holiday allowed him to capture beautiful shots of our national holiday.
Consul General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev and Head of Baku city’s Nasimi District Executive Authority Asif Aghayev participated in the opening ceremony of the exhibition. They expressed their gratitude to the photographer, as well as to the gallery owners for organizing the photo exhibition, which reflected the beauty, color and diversity of Baku.
It should be noted that the Nasimi district and the Switzer Highland neighborhood of San Diego have been twinned since 2011.
At the initiative of the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles and with the organizational support of the Nasimi District Executive Authority, photographer Nick Agelidis, who lives in San Diego took a trip to Baku in March 2017. He took photographs reflecting the historical-traditional heritage and modern view of Baku.
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemned terror attack in mosque in Egypt
- 24.11.2017Donald Tusk: Unresolved conflicts in partner countries hamper cooperation
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian counterpart
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, EU sign document on Trans-European Transport Network
- 24.11.2017EaP Summit welcomes good progress in talks on new Eu-Azerbaijan agreement
- 24.11.2017EU reaffirms support to territorial integrity of all its partners
- 24.11.2017Joint declaration adopted at EaP summit in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Russia’s key role in relations with Azerbaijan, Armenia ‘apparent’, says Merkel
- 24.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign plan for security cooperation
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan making great efforts towards strengthening Islamic solidarity - UPDATED
- 11.05.2017Washington Times: Unlike others, Ilham Aliyev does not play politics with energy exports
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russia’s deputy FM
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles