Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
A photo-exhibition on Baku by American professional photographer Nick Agelidis was opens in San Diego, the second-largest city in California.
The exhibition, entitled "A Week in Baku: through the lens of a San Diego photographer", opened at Meyer Fine Art Inc, Azerbaijan's Consulate General in Los Angeles told APA on May 10.
The opening ceremony was attended by admirers of art, teachers and students of various art schools, as well as members of the visiting delegation to San Diego.
The photo exhibition will last until the end of May. The collection features architectural pearls of Baku, including the Maiden Tower, the Heydar Aliyev Center, the Flame Towers, and historical and cultural monuments. Also at the exhibition you visitors can see photographs reflecting the spirit of the Nowruz holiday in Baku, which is one of the most expensive holidays celebrated by the Azerbaijani people. The coincidence of the photographer's visit to Baku with the Nowruz holiday allowed him to capture beautiful shots of our national holiday.
Consul General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev and Head of Baku city’s Nasimi District Executive Authority Asif Aghayev participated in the opening ceremony of the exhibition. They expressed their gratitude to the photographer, as well as to the gallery owners for organizing the photo exhibition, which reflected the beauty, color and diversity of Baku.
It should be noted that the Nasimi district and the Switzer Highland neighborhood of San Diego have been twinned since 2011.
At the initiative of the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles and with the organizational support of the Nasimi District Executive Authority, photographer Nick Agelidis, who lives in San Diego took a trip to Baku in March 2017. He took photographs reflecting the historical-traditional heritage and modern view of Baku.
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan making great efforts towards strengthening Islamic solidarity - UPDATED
- 11.05.2017Washington Times: Unlike others, Ilham Aliyev does not play politics with energy exports
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russia’s deputy FM
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles