Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
A photo-exhibition on Baku by American professional photographer Nick Agelidis was opens in San Diego, the second-largest city in California.
The exhibition, entitled "A Week in Baku: through the lens of a San Diego photographer", opened at Meyer Fine Art Inc, Azerbaijan's Consulate General in Los Angeles told APA on May 10.
The opening ceremony was attended by admirers of art, teachers and students of various art schools, as well as members of the visiting delegation to San Diego.
The photo exhibition will last until the end of May. The collection features architectural pearls of Baku, including the Maiden Tower, the Heydar Aliyev Center, the Flame Towers, and historical and cultural monuments. Also at the exhibition you visitors can see photographs reflecting the spirit of the Nowruz holiday in Baku, which is one of the most expensive holidays celebrated by the Azerbaijani people. The coincidence of the photographer's visit to Baku with the Nowruz holiday allowed him to capture beautiful shots of our national holiday.
Consul General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev and Head of Baku city’s Nasimi District Executive Authority Asif Aghayev participated in the opening ceremony of the exhibition. They expressed their gratitude to the photographer, as well as to the gallery owners for organizing the photo exhibition, which reflected the beauty, color and diversity of Baku.
It should be noted that the Nasimi district and the Switzer Highland neighborhood of San Diego have been twinned since 2011.
At the initiative of the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles and with the organizational support of the Nasimi District Executive Authority, photographer Nick Agelidis, who lives in San Diego took a trip to Baku in March 2017. He took photographs reflecting the historical-traditional heritage and modern view of Baku.
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan making great efforts towards strengthening Islamic solidarity - UPDATED
- 11.05.2017Washington Times: Unlike others, Ilham Aliyev does not play politics with energy exports
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russia’s deputy FM
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles