Photo-exhibition on Baku by American photographer opens in San Diego
A photo-exhibition on Baku by American professional photographer Nick Agelidis was opens in San Diego, the second-largest city in California.
The exhibition, entitled "A Week in Baku: through the lens of a San Diego photographer", opened at Meyer Fine Art Inc, Azerbaijan's Consulate General in Los Angeles told APA on May 10.
The opening ceremony was attended by admirers of art, teachers and students of various art schools, as well as members of the visiting delegation to San Diego.
The photo exhibition will last until the end of May. The collection features architectural pearls of Baku, including the Maiden Tower, the Heydar Aliyev Center, the Flame Towers, and historical and cultural monuments. Also at the exhibition you visitors can see photographs reflecting the spirit of the Nowruz holiday in Baku, which is one of the most expensive holidays celebrated by the Azerbaijani people. The coincidence of the photographer's visit to Baku with the Nowruz holiday allowed him to capture beautiful shots of our national holiday.
Consul General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev and Head of Baku city’s Nasimi District Executive Authority Asif Aghayev participated in the opening ceremony of the exhibition. They expressed their gratitude to the photographer, as well as to the gallery owners for organizing the photo exhibition, which reflected the beauty, color and diversity of Baku.
It should be noted that the Nasimi district and the Switzer Highland neighborhood of San Diego have been twinned since 2011.
At the initiative of the Consulate General of Azerbaijan in Los Angeles and with the organizational support of the Nasimi District Executive Authority, photographer Nick Agelidis, who lives in San Diego took a trip to Baku in March 2017. He took photographs reflecting the historical-traditional heritage and modern view of Baku.
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Riga
- 16.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Latvia for official visit
- 15.07.2017Alexei Venediktov: Russia-Azerbaijan relations should be cleared of ‘random mines’
- 15.07.2017Turkish ambassador: Ilham Aliyev was one of the first heads of state to telephone Erdogan during 15 July coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: Fetullah isn’t on his own, he has backers
- 14.07.2017Turkish deputy PM: Killing of 2-year-old Zahra is ‘international crime’
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 10.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan making great efforts towards strengthening Islamic solidarity - UPDATED
- 11.05.2017Washington Times: Unlike others, Ilham Aliyev does not play politics with energy exports
- 11.05.2017Azerbaijani ambassador meets Russia’s deputy FM
- 10.05.2017Azerbaijani Embassy releases statement on incident between Armenians, Azerbaijanis in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian Diaspora commits provocation in Immortal Regiment march in Moscow
- 09.05.2017Armenian lobby experiences another major fiasco while attempting to disrupt Azerbaijanis’ concert in Los Angeles