Parl’t deputy speaker: European Parliament’s anti-Azerbaijani resolution causes regret
The anti-Azerbaijani resolution “Afgan Mukhtarli and the state of Azerbaijani media”, passed by the European Parliament on June 15, causes regret and will harm bilateral relations, the first deputy speaker of Azerbaijan’s parliament, Ziyafat Asgarov, told APA.
“After seeing the resolution’s text, I got the impression that the document had been prepared based on unverified data,” said Asgarov commenting on the European Parliament’s latest resolution.
He noted that the resolution points to the conclusion that anti-Azerbaijan circles based in Europe, especially the Armenian lobby, are annoyed by Azerbaijan pursuing its independent policy.
Such a move made by a strict organization like the European Parliament under the influence and pressure of these circles has caused confusion in Azerbaijan, the deputy speaker added.
He stressed that the adoption of such a resolution in the period of resumption of Azerbaijan’s membership of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly since 2016 and steadily developing relations between Azerbaijani Parliament and the European Parliament will harm bilateral relations.
Asgarov went on to say that Azerbaijan is not an EU member and does not have any obligations to it.
The European Parliament’s resolution has no significant for Azerbaijan, he said.
“I hope that sound forces in the EU and the European Parliament will prevent such biased and malicious actions against Azerbaijan,” added the deputy speaker.
Related news releases
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018PM Yildirim: Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia take serious steps to ensure regional security
- 15.03.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs kicks off in Baku
- 15.03.2018PACE to send 33-member delegation to Azerbaijan for election observation
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Colombian FM - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Hassan Rouhani sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan confirms its composition of joint intergovernmental commission with Israel
- 16.06.2017EU says relations with Azerbaijan entered ‘a new stage’
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani President: Azerbaijan is ready to make efforts to expand the bilateral ties with the EU
- 16.06.2017Colombian FM in Azerbaijan for official visit