Parl’t deputy speaker: European Parliament’s anti-Azerbaijani resolution causes regret
The anti-Azerbaijani resolution “Afgan Mukhtarli and the state of Azerbaijani media”, passed by the European Parliament on June 15, causes regret and will harm bilateral relations, the first deputy speaker of Azerbaijan’s parliament, Ziyafat Asgarov, told APA.
“After seeing the resolution’s text, I got the impression that the document had been prepared based on unverified data,” said Asgarov commenting on the European Parliament’s latest resolution.
He noted that the resolution points to the conclusion that anti-Azerbaijan circles based in Europe, especially the Armenian lobby, are annoyed by Azerbaijan pursuing its independent policy.
Such a move made by a strict organization like the European Parliament under the influence and pressure of these circles has caused confusion in Azerbaijan, the deputy speaker added.
He stressed that the adoption of such a resolution in the period of resumption of Azerbaijan’s membership of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly since 2016 and steadily developing relations between Azerbaijani Parliament and the European Parliament will harm bilateral relations.
Asgarov went on to say that Azerbaijan is not an EU member and does not have any obligations to it.
The European Parliament’s resolution has no significant for Azerbaijan, he said.
“I hope that sound forces in the EU and the European Parliament will prevent such biased and malicious actions against Azerbaijan,” added the deputy speaker.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 19.08.2008Egyptian Ambassador to Azerbaijan appointed as Deputy Foreign Minister
- 19.08.2008Azerbaijani President receives BP Executive Vice-President
- 20.08.2008Recep Tayyip Erdogan to pay one-day business visit to Baku today
- 19.08.2008Two more national movement activists arrested in Iran
- 19.08.2008Turkish ambassador: “Turkey will not open borders with Armenia as long as Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is not restored”
- 19.08.2008Azerbaijan’s President receives head of International Finance Corporation