Parl’t deputy speaker: European Parliament’s anti-Azerbaijani resolution causes regret
The anti-Azerbaijani resolution “Afgan Mukhtarli and the state of Azerbaijani media”, passed by the European Parliament on June 15, causes regret and will harm bilateral relations, the first deputy speaker of Azerbaijan’s parliament, Ziyafat Asgarov, told APA.
“After seeing the resolution’s text, I got the impression that the document had been prepared based on unverified data,” said Asgarov commenting on the European Parliament’s latest resolution.
He noted that the resolution points to the conclusion that anti-Azerbaijan circles based in Europe, especially the Armenian lobby, are annoyed by Azerbaijan pursuing its independent policy.
Such a move made by a strict organization like the European Parliament under the influence and pressure of these circles has caused confusion in Azerbaijan, the deputy speaker added.
He stressed that the adoption of such a resolution in the period of resumption of Azerbaijan’s membership of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly since 2016 and steadily developing relations between Azerbaijani Parliament and the European Parliament will harm bilateral relations.
Asgarov went on to say that Azerbaijan is not an EU member and does not have any obligations to it.
The European Parliament’s resolution has no significant for Azerbaijan, he said.
“I hope that sound forces in the EU and the European Parliament will prevent such biased and malicious actions against Azerbaijan,” added the deputy speaker.
Related news releases
- 21.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former heads of state and government attending Global Young Leaders Forum
- 21.08.2017Latvia’s ex-president hails Azerbaijan’s experience in hosting high-profile events
- 21.08.2017Ismail Serageldin makes presentation on development of youth leadership at Baku forum
- 21.08.2017Opening session of Global Young Leaders Forum held in Baku
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs expected to meet in Baku next month
- 21.08.2017Global Young Leaders Forum kicks off in Baku
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 18.09.2015Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Hungarian ambassador
- 19.09.2015Azerbaijani ambassador presents credentials to President of Republic of Trinidad and Tobago - PHOTO
- 19.09.2015OHCHR to hold hearings on Azerbaijanis living in Iran
- 18.09.2015Armenian NGO leader makes statement in Baku
- 18.09.2015Martirosyan’s cross into Azerbaijan – indicative of Azerbaijan’s tolerance, says human rights defender
- 17.09.2015President of the Alliance of European Conservatives and Reformists: "European Parliament’s interference both inappropriate and counterproductive"