Pakistani FM: Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process is ‘an effective platform for meaningful dialogue’
The Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process is an effective platform for a meaningful dialogue, said Pakistani Foreign Minister Khawaja Mohammad Asif.
Peace and stability in Afghanistan are important for the region, the Pakistani FM said addressing the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference in Baku on Dec. 1, APA reported.
Expressing concern about the terrorist attacks which the neighboring Afghanistan is exposed to, the minister noted that Pakistan remains committed to supporting all initiatives to address this problem.
“The main issue is to strengthen control over uncontrolled areas which pose a threat to neighboring countries. Terrorist groups are a serious problem for regional countries,” added Mohammad Asif.
Reiterated Pakistan’s support to Afghanistan, the top diplomat said that illegal drug transportation from Afghanistan is the biggest problem hindering long-term peace.
Mohammad Asif said that he believes political dialogue with Taliban will help fight ISIL.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 01.12.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan and Afghanistan hold expanded meeting
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan, Afghanistan sign 5 documents
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan is a good neighbor of Iran – Zarif
- 01.12.2017Ashraf Ghani hails Azerbaijani servicemen’s contribution to security of Afghanistan
- 01.12.2017Turkey says effective regional co-op is ‘prerequisite’ for stability in Afghanistan