PACE summer session kicks off today
The session will last from June 25 till 29.
The Committee on Legal Affairs and Human Rights of PACE will appoint a rapporteur for the preparation of a report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”.
A new co-rapporteur for Azerbaijan will be appointed at the meeting of the PACE Monitoring Committee to replace Cezar Florin Preda in this post.
A report on the April 11 presidential election in Azerbaijan will be presented at the session by Romanian MP Viorel Richard Badea, who led a PACE observation mission of 33 members during the presidential election in Azerbaijan.
PACE is also scheduled to elect its new President at its summer session. Croatian and Slovak prime ministers, Croatian and Luxembourg foreign ministers will address the Assembly.
Among the items on the Assembly's agenda is the protection of human rights defenders as well as new restrictions on NGO activities in member states, the humanitarian situation of refugees in the countries neighbouring Syria, empowering women’s knowledge and skills in economy, the illegal trade and destruction of cultural heritage monuments.
An Azerbaijani parliamentary delegation led by Samad Seyidov, chairman of the parliament’s Committee on foreign and inter-parliamentary relations, head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE will the attend the summer session.
The delegation includes MPs Rafael Huseynov, Sevinj Fataliyeva, Ganira Pashayeva, Ulviyya Aghayeva, Elshad Hasanov, Nagif Hamzayev, Chingiz Ganizade.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 25.06.2018Afghan government to hold peace talks with Taliban in Baku - EXCLUSIVE
- 25.06.2018Russian State Duma: Azerbaijan always displayed constructive position towards Karabakh conflict
- 25.06.2018PACE elects new president
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev phoned Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level