PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
The report by the Independent External Investigation Body on the allegations of corruption within the Parliamentary Assembly (PACE) lacks real facts and only contains accusations, Azerbaijani MP Sevinj Fataliyeva said during debates on the report at the Assembly’s spring session, APA reports.
Fataliyeva noted that the PACE has not heard the voice of Azerbaijan for several years.
“We are talking about the occupation of Azerbaijani lands. But you do not hear us, you hear what you want to,” she said.
Addressing the debates, another Azerbaijani MP Ulviyya Aghayeva said that what is happening today shows the main purpose of the report is not to search for and solve the problem, but to discredit a member state.
“What’s the most interesting is that only one country is mentioned in the document presented to us. The choice of Azerbaijan is a dangerous signal,” he added.
PACE’s Independent External Investigation Body earlier released its report on corruption facts within the Assembly.
The report includes the names of Head of Azerbaijan's delegation to PACE Samad Seyidov, co-rapporteurs Stefan Schennach, Cezar Florin Preda, former PACE president Pedro Agramunt, Spanish parliamentarian Jordi Xucla, etc.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 27.04.2018UK's May congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory in presidential election - UPDATED
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report