PACE autumn session to start today
The Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE, led by the chairman of the parliamentary Committee on international relations and interparliamentary relations Samad Seyidov, will also attend the five-day session, APA reported.
First, organizational issues will be considered. Following the resignation of Pedro Agramunt as the PACE president on 6 October 2017, a new president shall be elected.
In addition, a report on the development of the Bureau and the Standing Committee will be presented at the plenary session of the PACE.
The outcome of the parliamentary elections in Albania will be discussed. Reports “Activities of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in 2016-2017”, “Activities of Democratic Institutions in Azerbaijan”, “Steps In Respecting Human Rights During Azerbaijan's CE Presidency”, “Youth Against Corruption” will also be discussed.
Presidents of the Czech Republic and Ukraine and the Chairman of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe will address the sessions.
The parliamentarians will also hold debates on prosecuting and punishing crimes against humanity – or even possible genocide – committed by ISIL.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction – U.S. diplomat
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 08.10.2017Mikheil Janelidze: Azerbaijan has an important role in GUAM
- 08.10.2017GUAM Foreign Ministers` meeting kicks off in Tbilisi - PHOTOSESSION
- 07.10.2017Turkish president phoned Azerbaijani president