PACE autumn session to start today
The Azerbaijani delegation to the PACE, led by the chairman of the parliamentary Committee on international relations and interparliamentary relations Samad Seyidov, will also attend the five-day session, APA reported.
First, organizational issues will be considered. Following the resignation of Pedro Agramunt as the PACE president on 6 October 2017, a new president shall be elected.
In addition, a report on the development of the Bureau and the Standing Committee will be presented at the plenary session of the PACE.
The outcome of the parliamentary elections in Albania will be discussed. Reports “Activities of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development in 2016-2017”, “Activities of Democratic Institutions in Azerbaijan”, “Steps In Respecting Human Rights During Azerbaijan's CE Presidency”, “Youth Against Corruption” will also be discussed.
Presidents of the Czech Republic and Ukraine and the Chairman of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe will address the sessions.
The parliamentarians will also hold debates on prosecuting and punishing crimes against humanity – or even possible genocide – committed by ISIL.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijan is a proven partner in preventing illicit trade in weapons of mass destruction – U.S. diplomat
- 09.10.2017Conflicts in GUAM area should be resolved on basis of territorial integrity: Georgian FM
- 09.10.2017FMs of GUAM member countries sign Tbilisi Declaration
- 08.10.2017Mikheil Janelidze: Azerbaijan has an important role in GUAM
- 08.10.2017GUAM Foreign Ministers` meeting kicks off in Tbilisi - PHOTOSESSION
- 07.10.2017Turkish president phoned Azerbaijani president