OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) member states adopted a final declaration, recognizing Palestine as a state with East Jerusalem as its capital following an extraordinary summit meeting in Istanbul on Wednesday.
The final declaration also calls on the world to recognize East Jerusalem as the occupied capital of Palestinian state and condemned the U.S. administration's "unlawful" decision on Jerusalem's status.
“The U.S. decision means a violation of the rights of the Palestinian people,” said the OIC member states, calling on the U.S. to cease its mediator role in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The document describes the U.S. one-sided decision on Jerusalem as a step that supports Israel’s 1967 racial discrimination and ethnic cleansing in the occupied Palestinian lands, including East Jerusalem.
The OIC member states also urged the UN Security Council to work out a document on the status of East Jerusalem.
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev also attended the Istanbul summit upon the invitation of his Turkish counterpart Erdogan.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 28.02.2009Matthew Bryza: A next meeting of Presidents will depend on the result of our meeting in Yerevan
- 28.02.2009One more Congressman joins Working Group on Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2009Congressman makes keynote speech on 17th anniversary of Khojaly genocide
- 27.02.2009Azerbaijani President receives TOTAL President Exploration & Production
- 27.02.2009OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to revisit Baku on March 3 - PHOTOSESSION
- 27.02.2009President of Azerbaijan receives the co-chairs