Oettinger: European Commission to further support Azerbaijan’s projects connecting EU with other regions
The head of state recalled his meetings with Oettinger in Baku and at various international events.
Speaking about the official opening of the Southern Gas Corridor, President Aliyev noted that this event is of great importance in terms of ensuring Europe’s energy security. The Azerbaijani president praised the support of the European Union and Oettinger’s contribution to the realization of the Southern Gas Corridor.
In his turn, Oettinger wished President Aliyev success in the new presidential term and congratulated him on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and the official opening of the Southern Gas Corridor.
Referring to the opening of the Southern Gas Corridor, Oettinger described it as a very important event. He stressed the importance of this corridor in terms of unifying Azerbaijan and the region to Europe.
He noted that the Southern Gas Corridor is of global importance and the realization of this corridor, in its turn, will give impetus to the development of transport, agriculture, ICT and tourism in Azerbaijan and the region.
Oettinger expressed confidence that the organization he represents will further support Azerbaijan’s global and regional projects that will connect the EU with the world’s other regions.
During the meeting, the sides expressed hopes that talks on a new partnership agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU will soon successfully finalize and cover cooperation in political, economic, humanitarian, cultural and other spheres.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 31.05.2018Brink: U.S. interested in deepening bilateral trade relations with Azerbaijan
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Azerbaijan’s sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity important for EU
- 01.06.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 31.05.2018President of Presidium of DPRK Supreme People’s Assembly sends letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 31.05.2018MFA: Azerbaijan recognizes Georgia’s territorial integrity, sovereignty
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan says ready for substantive talks with Armenia