Top official: Azerbaijan has become leader in South Caucasus
In various countries there is an already an international mechanism that protects the interests of Azerbaijan and its people, Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, chief of the administration’s foreign relations department, said in an article published "Azerbaijan" newspaper.
He noted that the development of this process is still among Azerbaijan’s foreign policy priorities.
“Our country takes an active part in the activities of almost all international organizations. As a result of this activity, a positive image of Azerbaijan was formed in the world, which can be considered one of the most significant achievements of the country’s foreign policy,” wrote Mammadov.
“As a result of Azerbaijan’s fulfillment of its key foreign policy tasks, the interests of the main geopolitical powers in the region and on the global area are balanced step by step. This gives a chance to ensure the interests of Azerbaijan, without falling under the pressure of any of these countries,” Mammadov said in his article.
Azerbaijan has managed to maintain the balance through its flexible responses even in the most crisis periods in the South Caucasus, said the top official.
He stressed that Azerbaijan’s flexible foreign policy has made the country a leader in the South Caucasus region.
“For just over 20 years, Azerbaijan has laid the foundation of two energy projects of international importance and become one of the guarantors of energy security on a regional and global scale. Azerbaijan is recognized as a state that offers a civilized model for long-term economic cooperation, multiculturalism, intercultural and interreligious dialogue,” Mammadov wrote.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 26.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives head of Dagestan Republic
- 26.12.2016Turkey's Erdogan congratulates Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 27.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian ICT minister
- 24.12.2016Russian President Vladimir Putin phoned President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.12.2016Serbia’s president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 23.12.2016US ambassador meets with Azerbaijani parliament speaker