Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
Azerbaijan is successfully implementing the Southern Gas Corridor project, the country’s prime minister, Novruz Mammadov, said in his speech at the 2018 CAMCA Regional Forum on Friday.
CAMCA (Central Asia-Mongolia-Caucasus-Afghanistan) Regional Forum is a non-political and non-partisan Forum established to promote region-wide discussions on means of advancing economic growth and social development in Greater Central Asia (Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan).
The prime minister said that Azerbaijan is implementing huge projects in the energy sector.
"Today TANAP and TAP are the continuation of these projects. One could expect stronger support for these projects by countries in need of energy, but, unfortunately, it is obvious that sometimes small feelings interfere with such big goals," Mammadov added.
He noted that Azerbaijan took very big steps to ensure peace, security and stability both in the country and in the region. At the same time, the country is carrying out major international events, which have turned into a process on dialogue among civilizations, he said.
“In May, we celebrated the centenary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic,” he added. “A hundred years ago, the Azerbaijani people created the first democratic republic in the East and granted suffrage to women. In the 19th century, Azerbaijani writers, for example, Ismail Gutgashinli, wrote in French. This reflects Azerbaijan’s historical attitude towards Europe. However, we don’t see justice regarding Azerbaijan. Some support was provided to Azerbaijan, but this support is not enough. The European press has been, for a long time, doing publications in connection with small events, but it is impossible to see a fundamental publication about more than one million Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs.”
The prime minister stressed that despite four resolutions of the UN Security Council in connection with the occupation of Azerbaijani territories, up until this day, the issue hasn’t been handled the right way.
There is practically no concept of justice in international relations, he noted.
“In their speeches, publications, the heads of major states don’t talk about international law, justice,” Mammadov said. “When there is no justice, there is no right approach. Azerbaijan has been waiting for a fair position on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict for 25 years. When there is no justice, such a situation emerges in the world.”
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR