NED likely to present anti-Azerbaijani project in Washington on May 7
Baku – APA. On May 7, Washington will host an event titled “Azerbaijan: A Test Case for Democratic Solidarity”, organized by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Emin Milli, Kanan Aliyev, Thomas de Waal and Miriam Lanskoy are scheduled to make speeches at the event, which will last for an hour and half.
Note that, APA Information Agency has initially presented an investigative article titled “Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry’s Office in Congress” that explain details of a plan for the holding of this type of events on the eve of the first European Games in Azerbaijan. The article informs such a series of events will be held.
According to the article, the plan is coordinated from US Secretary of State John Kerry’s office in Congress and NED is entrusted with organizing this campaign in the US. Documents proving millions of dollars transferred by the US from local and western sources via NED, which is funded by the US Agency for International Development at the state budget expense, to its partners in Azerbaijan – NGOs and media outlets – have been released many times. These claims have not rejected by the organization so far.
The investigative article also notes that NED’s special project on Azerbaijan is at the stage of approval and is meant to be announced in the coming days. The project, to which a great deal of funding has already been allocated, will be implemented in two years.
Note that, the presentation of this project at the event to be held in Washington on May 7 is not ruled out.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2017Foreign diplomats, their spouses visit Azerbaijan’s Shaki and Gakh
- 20.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Qatari minister - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani President attended panel discussion at Munich Security Conference
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani president meets with UN Secretary-General in Munich - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani FM reiterates concern and position of Azerbaijan with regard to operation of OSCE Yerevan Office in contrary to its mandate
- 18.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim in Munich - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference
- 17.02.2017US State Department official to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Ukraine - a reliable partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Saudi prince to attend 5th Global Baku Forum
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan says so-called ‘referendum’ in South Ossetia cannot produce any legal effect
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani President pays a working visit to Germany
- 16.02.2017Russian experts explain reasons behind holding of Gerasimov-Dunford in Baku
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan, Palestine hold political consultations
- 16.02.2017‘Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates Azerbaijan’s growing influence’
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian justice minister - UPDATED
- 16.02.2017MP: Holding of Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates two big states’ trust in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2017Baku meeting of top US, Russian military officers ‘important’ – NATO chief
- 16.02.2017Russia expects Pentagon’s position to be clarified at Baku meeting
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff - UPDATED
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates Lithuanian counterpart on public holiday
- 15.02.2017Greek government still views SOCAR as a reliable partner – ambassador - INTERVIEW
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan: Amnesty International’s statement on Lapshin’s case – example of double standards
- 15.02.2017Ukraine’s ex-presidents to visit Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian MFA: No complaints received from Lapshin
- 15.02.2017Moscow, Baku soon to discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.02.2017PACE Monitoring Committee to discuss co-rapporteurs’ visit to Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Some MEPs intended to undermine Azerbaijan-EU ties: MP Seyidov
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP responds to Zhirinovsky: “Armenia should become a province of Azerbaijan”
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP criticizes French president's comments on Karabakh conflict
- 14.02.2017EU believes next round of talks with Azerbaijan will be more substantive
- 14.02.2017Mard: New EU-Azerbaijan agreement to help further strengthen bilateral co-op
- 14.02.2017Elkhan Suleymanov: Networked slanderers exposed
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary speaker to visit Latvia
- 30.04.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM meets with US ambassador
- 30.04.2015ISESCO secretary general: Azerbaijan’s interfaith, intercultural dialogue experience an example to world
- 01.05.2015EU does not recognize so-called “elections” in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: We are proud of Azerbaijan’s development
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul awarded honorary diploma of ADA University - PHOTOSESSION
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: World reacts to Ukrainian’s situation but keeps silent while same invasion continues Azerbaijan