NED likely to present anti-Azerbaijani project in Washington on May 7
Baku – APA. On May 7, Washington will host an event titled “Azerbaijan: A Test Case for Democratic Solidarity”, organized by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Emin Milli, Kanan Aliyev, Thomas de Waal and Miriam Lanskoy are scheduled to make speeches at the event, which will last for an hour and half.
Note that, APA Information Agency has initially presented an investigative article titled “Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry’s Office in Congress” that explain details of a plan for the holding of this type of events on the eve of the first European Games in Azerbaijan. The article informs such a series of events will be held.
According to the article, the plan is coordinated from US Secretary of State John Kerry’s office in Congress and NED is entrusted with organizing this campaign in the US. Documents proving millions of dollars transferred by the US from local and western sources via NED, which is funded by the US Agency for International Development at the state budget expense, to its partners in Azerbaijan – NGOs and media outlets – have been released many times. These claims have not rejected by the organization so far.
The investigative article also notes that NED’s special project on Azerbaijan is at the stage of approval and is meant to be announced in the coming days. The project, to which a great deal of funding has already been allocated, will be implemented in two years.
Note that, the presentation of this project at the event to be held in Washington on May 7 is not ruled out.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Riga
- 16.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Latvia for official visit
- 15.07.2017Alexei Venediktov: Russia-Azerbaijan relations should be cleared of ‘random mines’
- 15.07.2017Turkish ambassador: Ilham Aliyev was one of the first heads of state to telephone Erdogan during 15 July coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: Fetullah isn’t on his own, he has backers
- 14.07.2017Turkish deputy PM: Killing of 2-year-old Zahra is ‘international crime’
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 30.04.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM meets with US ambassador
- 30.04.2015ISESCO secretary general: Azerbaijan’s interfaith, intercultural dialogue experience an example to world
- 01.05.2015EU does not recognize so-called “elections” in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: We are proud of Azerbaijan’s development
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul awarded honorary diploma of ADA University - PHOTOSESSION
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: World reacts to Ukrainian’s situation but keeps silent while same invasion continues Azerbaijan