NED likely to present anti-Azerbaijani project in Washington on May 7
Baku – APA. On May 7, Washington will host an event titled “Azerbaijan: A Test Case for Democratic Solidarity”, organized by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Emin Milli, Kanan Aliyev, Thomas de Waal and Miriam Lanskoy are scheduled to make speeches at the event, which will last for an hour and half.
Note that, APA Information Agency has initially presented an investigative article titled “Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry’s Office in Congress” that explain details of a plan for the holding of this type of events on the eve of the first European Games in Azerbaijan. The article informs such a series of events will be held.
According to the article, the plan is coordinated from US Secretary of State John Kerry’s office in Congress and NED is entrusted with organizing this campaign in the US. Documents proving millions of dollars transferred by the US from local and western sources via NED, which is funded by the US Agency for International Development at the state budget expense, to its partners in Azerbaijan – NGOs and media outlets – have been released many times. These claims have not rejected by the organization so far.
The investigative article also notes that NED’s special project on Azerbaijan is at the stage of approval and is meant to be announced in the coming days. The project, to which a great deal of funding has already been allocated, will be implemented in two years.
Note that, the presentation of this project at the event to be held in Washington on May 7 is not ruled out.
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani president receives Mevlut Cavusoglu
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen energy and foreign ministers may meet in early 2017
- 03.12.2016Turkey says welcomes Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO steps
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs mull Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.12.2016AmCham prepares recommendations for development of business in Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Russia are good neighbors, continue to be friends
- 02.12.2016Turkish FM en route to Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Russia ready to solve regional problems - REPORT FROM KREMLIN - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Russian deputy FM pays working visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-US energy co-op developing successfully - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina support each other within int’l organizations - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Peru intends to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina mull co-op prospects - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016FM: Turkey respects Russia’s will to solve Karabakh conflict
- 01.12.2016No consensus on TAP within Bosnia & Herzegovina: FM
- 01.12.2016FM: Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina enjoy high level political relations
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy FM to attend BSEC Ministerial Council meeting
- 30.11.2016Moscow says Russia-Azerbaijan ties remain stable
- 30.11.2016Italian TV program, known for anti-Azerbaijani propaganda, suspended
- 30.11.2016Bosnia and Herzegovina’s FM due in Azerbaijan
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev responds to questions from Euronews, Russia-24 channels
- 29.11.2016Belarus president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2016Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by South African minister - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Iran joint projects are of global nature - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016South Africa to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan welcomes South Africa’s fair stance on Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2016Lukashenko: Azerbaijani oil played a big part in winning Great Patriotic War
- 29.11.2016Belarus president pays respect to Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev in Baku
- 29.11.2016Belarus President: "Our relations have a level of strategic partnership"
- 29.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan and Belarus actively support each other in international organizations"
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan`s first lady Mehriban Aliyeva meets with British Prime Ministerial Trade Envoy
- 28.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted official dinner reception in honor of Belarus President
- 28.11.2016Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko presented with “Heydar Aliyev” Order
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan and Belarus sign a number of documents on cooperation in various spheres
- 28.11.2016Belarus ready for long-term cooperation with Azerbaijan in oil sector
- 28.11.2016Presidents of Azerbaijan, Belarus meet in expanded format
- 28.11.2016Lukashenko: Azerbaijan can rely on Belarus as closest friend
- 28.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan eager to continue all-round cooperation with Belarus
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijani, Belarusian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 30.04.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM meets with US ambassador
- 30.04.2015ISESCO secretary general: Azerbaijan’s interfaith, intercultural dialogue experience an example to world
- 01.05.2015EU does not recognize so-called “elections” in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: We are proud of Azerbaijan’s development
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul awarded honorary diploma of ADA University - PHOTOSESSION
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: World reacts to Ukrainian’s situation but keeps silent while same invasion continues Azerbaijan