NED likely to present anti-Azerbaijani project in Washington on May 7
Baku – APA. On May 7, Washington will host an event titled “Azerbaijan: A Test Case for Democratic Solidarity”, organized by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Emin Milli, Kanan Aliyev, Thomas de Waal and Miriam Lanskoy are scheduled to make speeches at the event, which will last for an hour and half.
Note that, APA Information Agency has initially presented an investigative article titled “Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry’s Office in Congress” that explain details of a plan for the holding of this type of events on the eve of the first European Games in Azerbaijan. The article informs such a series of events will be held.
According to the article, the plan is coordinated from US Secretary of State John Kerry’s office in Congress and NED is entrusted with organizing this campaign in the US. Documents proving millions of dollars transferred by the US from local and western sources via NED, which is funded by the US Agency for International Development at the state budget expense, to its partners in Azerbaijan – NGOs and media outlets – have been released many times. These claims have not rejected by the organization so far.
The investigative article also notes that NED’s special project on Azerbaijan is at the stage of approval and is meant to be announced in the coming days. The project, to which a great deal of funding has already been allocated, will be implemented in two years.
Note that, the presentation of this project at the event to be held in Washington on May 7 is not ruled out.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to the promotion of intercultural and interreligious dialogue at all levels”
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan is and will remain committed to further development of energy cooperation in the region by realization of Southern Gas Corridor”
- 23.09.2016Serious improvement achieved in Israel-Azerbaijan political relations - former envoy
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijan, EU interested in developing bilateral relations
- 23.09.2016Austrian Airlines willing to resume flights to Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan has managed to become a pioneer in the region in initiating and enabling a number of strategic trans-regional projects"
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “All terrorist acts are unjustifiable regardless of their motivation and Azerbaijan strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms”
- 22.09.2016UN special rapporteur proposes to create inter-ministerial committee in Azerbaijan for implementation of int’l organizations’ recommendations
- 22.09.2016Knesset says two-state solution only way to settle Israel-Palestine conflict
- 22.09.2016Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan: Israeli city mayor
- 22.09.2016Comments on Preliminary Opinion by Venice Commission on draft modifications to Azerbaijani Constitution
- 22.09.2016Knesset says no political party in Israel stands against relations with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Israeli Knesset stands for peaceful settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with German ambassador
- 21.09.2016Statement issued on visit of European Parliament’s delegation to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016“Presentation of Azerbaijan” held in Mexico
- 21.09.2016EU announces €13.5mln assistance package to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016PACE to send assessment mission to Azerbaijan’s constitutional referendum
- 20.09.2016Russian minister pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Russian minister
- 20.09.2016Baku hosts 13th meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev explain reasons for OSCE Baku Office closure
- 20.09.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan does not maintain any relations with Freedom House
- 20.09.2016MEP: Azerbaijan – important country for EU
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016Solution to Palestinian issue of great importance for Israel – Foreign Ministry
- 20.09.2016Visit to Azerbaijan among Netanyahu’s priorities - Israeli MFA
- 19.09.2016Turkish Parliament Speaker: "Azerbaijan takes necessary measures against FETO"
- 19.09.2016Iran always supported Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – ambassador
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijani FM on working visit in New York
- 19.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document adopted
- 18.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 17.09.2016Azerbaijani President: "We carry out large-scale projects with the CIS countries"
- 16.09.2016Official of US Department of State thanks Azerbaijan for close cooperation
- 16.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attending CIS Council of Heads of State meeting
- 16.09.2016Iran ready to act intermediary in resolving Karabakh conflict – ambassador
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president meet with Moldovan PM
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan, Mexico to hold political consultations
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Kyrgyzstan
- 16.09.2016French research company conducts opinion survey in Azerbaijan on eve of referendum
- 30.04.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM meets with US ambassador
- 30.04.2015ISESCO secretary general: Azerbaijan’s interfaith, intercultural dialogue experience an example to world
- 01.05.2015EU does not recognize so-called “elections” in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: We are proud of Azerbaijan’s development
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul awarded honorary diploma of ADA University - PHOTOSESSION
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: World reacts to Ukrainian’s situation but keeps silent while same invasion continues Azerbaijan