NED likely to present anti-Azerbaijani project in Washington on May 7
Baku – APA. On May 7, Washington will host an event titled “Azerbaijan: A Test Case for Democratic Solidarity”, organized by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED).
Emin Milli, Kanan Aliyev, Thomas de Waal and Miriam Lanskoy are scheduled to make speeches at the event, which will last for an hour and half.
Note that, APA Information Agency has initially presented an investigative article titled “Anti-Azerbaijani campaign led by John Kerry’s Office in Congress” that explain details of a plan for the holding of this type of events on the eve of the first European Games in Azerbaijan. The article informs such a series of events will be held.
According to the article, the plan is coordinated from US Secretary of State John Kerry’s office in Congress and NED is entrusted with organizing this campaign in the US. Documents proving millions of dollars transferred by the US from local and western sources via NED, which is funded by the US Agency for International Development at the state budget expense, to its partners in Azerbaijan – NGOs and media outlets – have been released many times. These claims have not rejected by the organization so far.
The investigative article also notes that NED’s special project on Azerbaijan is at the stage of approval and is meant to be announced in the coming days. The project, to which a great deal of funding has already been allocated, will be implemented in two years.
Note that, the presentation of this project at the event to be held in Washington on May 7 is not ruled out.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017Putin, Rouhani discuss Caspian Sea legal status
- 28.03.2017Rouhani: Iran-Russia-Azerbaijan co-op format serves people’s prosperity
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament speaker meets PACE president
- 28.03.2017Belarus president: Does Armenia have anything to do Lapshin's case?
- 28.03.2017Tillerson: US interested in early settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan: Excavations by Armenia around Shusha mosque ‘vandalism’
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey to hold political consultations
- 27.03.2017Final statement adopted at summit of GUAM countries’ government heads
- 27.03.2017GUAM calls for resolution of conflicts based on states’ territorial integrity
- 27.03.2017Summit of GUAM countries’ government heads kicks off in Kiev
- 26.03.2017Denmark supports Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - envoy
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 30.04.2015Azerbaijani deputy PM meets with US ambassador
- 30.04.2015ISESCO secretary general: Azerbaijan’s interfaith, intercultural dialogue experience an example to world
- 01.05.2015EU does not recognize so-called “elections” in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: We are proud of Azerbaijan’s development
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul awarded honorary diploma of ADA University - PHOTOSESSION
- 30.04.2015Abdullah Gul: World reacts to Ukrainian’s situation but keeps silent while same invasion continues Azerbaijan