NAM Mid-Term Ministerial Conference underway in Baku
The Mid-Term Ministerial Conference of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM), titled “Promoting international peace and security for sustainable development,” is underway in the Azerbaijani capital Ankara.
Addressing the conference, Deputy Foreign Minister of Kazakhstan Yerzhan Ashikbayev said he advocates the principles of solidarity in order to achieve common goals.
Indonesia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Abdurrahman Mohammad Fahir in his speech underlined the importance of supporting education for ensuring sustainable development and increasing investments in this area. He called on the conference participants to pay special attention to girls’ education.
Undersecretary of Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Ministry Abdulrahman bin Ibrahim Al-Rassi urged neighboring countries to establish good relations.
Reiterating Saudi Arabia’s support for Palestine, Al-Rassi said that his country does not positively assess US’ decision to recognize al-Quds as Israel’s capital.
He went on to say that Saudi Arabia’s stance on Yemen is clear. “What is happening in Yemen is causing human tragedies. We support Yemen aid programs,” Al-Rassi noted.
Hailing Azerbaijan’s successful development, Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Swaziland Joel Musa Nhleko expressed concern over the attacks on multiculturalism.
Deputy Foreign Minister of Belarus Andrei Dapkiunas emphasized that the Non-Aligned Movement can create a conflict-free world.
Urging the world to hear Africa's voice, Sudan's Foreign Minister Mohamed Idris Mohamed said that nothing can be achieved without international justice. He condemned the attacks on Palestine, underlining the importance of establishing peace in Middle East and Somalia.
“Africa is facing economic difficulties. I call on the international community to support Africa. By joining this conference, we urge everyone to achieve multiculturalism goals and provide international peace and security,” he added.
Acting Assistant of Kuwait's Foreign Minister for international organizations Nasser Al-Hain said he believes that Azerbaijan’s NAM chairmanship will bring more success to the organizations.
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 06.04.2018Final documents adopted at NAM Ministerial Conference in Baku
- 06.04.2018Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan intends to hold regular consultations during its NAM chairmanship
- 06.04.2018NAM respects int’l recognized borders, territorial integrity of countries – Azerbaijani FM
- 06.04.2018Number of Iraqi tourists visiting Azerbaijan on the rise – deputy FM
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijani Embassy in France dismisses allegations on issuance of ID card to Eduard Grigoryan
- 06.04.2018Ambassador Bashar Jaafari calls on Turkey to pull its troops out of Syria