Hajiyev: Much of ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country - INTERVIEW
APA’s interview with Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev
Q. How would you comment on the latest statement of Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian?
A. We wouldn’t have liked to spoil Edward Nalbandian's mood of anniversary as he tried to boast in front of his colleagues and spoke about the “successful” foreign policy of Armenia on Diplomat's Day celebrated in the country. However, Armenia became more isolated during during Nalbandian's 8 years in office. Much of the ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country having no position. In general, it is clear for everyone, especially the Armenian people that the military dictatorship in Armenia is rapidly leading the country to disaster and recession.
Q. Nalbandian predicts that by the end of the year at least one country would recognize the so-called regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. What do you think of it?
A. The whole international community recognizes and supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders. The UN Security Council resolutions that are the basis of the settlement of the conflict reaffirm Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty, and once again underline the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by the use of force. The illegitimate regime created in the Azerbaijani territories as a result military aggression of Armenia has not been and will never be recognized by any state. Instead of doing provocations, Armenia must join the efforts to ensure lasting peace in the region.
Q. While the negotiations to settle the conflict are ongoing, what do you think Armenia is trying to achieve by holding an illegal referendum, sending ambassadors to the occupied lands, attempts to recognize the illegitimate regime, and committing provocations at the front line?
A. This is clearly indicative of Armenia’s involvement in the talks being unserious and imitative. Armenia’s primary goal is to annex the occupied Azerbaijani lands.
On one hand, the Armenian FM is hypocritically talking about his country’s involvement in the OSCE Minsk Group-mediated negotiations, on the other hand Armenia acts against the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs and the whole process of negotiation. That’s why there is no progress in the negotiation process. Azerbaijan has repeatedly said that Armenia’s impunity syndrome must be ended and all necessary political and diplomatic pressures must be put on Armenia to urge it to be serious about the negotiations.
Related news releases
- 28.03.2017Putin, Rouhani discuss Caspian Sea legal status
- 28.03.2017Rouhani: Iran-Russia-Azerbaijan co-op format serves people’s prosperity
- 28.03.2017Azerbaijani parliament speaker meets PACE president
- 28.03.2017Belarus president: Does Armenia have anything to do Lapshin's case?
- 28.03.2017Tillerson: US interested in early settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan: Excavations by Armenia around Shusha mosque ‘vandalism’
- 27.03.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey to hold political consultations
- 27.03.2017Final statement adopted at summit of GUAM countries’ government heads
- 27.03.2017GUAM calls for resolution of conflicts based on states’ territorial integrity
- 27.03.2017Summit of GUAM countries’ government heads kicks off in Kiev
- 26.03.2017Denmark supports Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - envoy
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 03.03.2017EU, Azerbaijan set for new round of talks
- 03.03.2017Malena Mard's tenure as EU Delegation head in Azerbaijan coming to end - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017Russian ombudsperson to ask Azerbaijani counterpart to meet Lapshin
- 02.03.2017Ghulam M. Isaczai: Azerbaijan and UN need each other - INTERVIEW
- 02.03.2017Russia: Lapshin has no complaints about detention conditions
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on March 6-7