Hajiyev: Much of ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country - INTERVIEW
APA’s interview with Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev
Q. How would you comment on the latest statement of Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian?
A. We wouldn’t have liked to spoil Edward Nalbandian's mood of anniversary as he tried to boast in front of his colleagues and spoke about the “successful” foreign policy of Armenia on Diplomat's Day celebrated in the country. However, Armenia became more isolated during during Nalbandian's 8 years in office. Much of the ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country having no position. In general, it is clear for everyone, especially the Armenian people that the military dictatorship in Armenia is rapidly leading the country to disaster and recession.
Q. Nalbandian predicts that by the end of the year at least one country would recognize the so-called regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. What do you think of it?
A. The whole international community recognizes and supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders. The UN Security Council resolutions that are the basis of the settlement of the conflict reaffirm Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty, and once again underline the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by the use of force. The illegitimate regime created in the Azerbaijani territories as a result military aggression of Armenia has not been and will never be recognized by any state. Instead of doing provocations, Armenia must join the efforts to ensure lasting peace in the region.
Q. While the negotiations to settle the conflict are ongoing, what do you think Armenia is trying to achieve by holding an illegal referendum, sending ambassadors to the occupied lands, attempts to recognize the illegitimate regime, and committing provocations at the front line?
A. This is clearly indicative of Armenia’s involvement in the talks being unserious and imitative. Armenia’s primary goal is to annex the occupied Azerbaijani lands.
On one hand, the Armenian FM is hypocritically talking about his country’s involvement in the OSCE Minsk Group-mediated negotiations, on the other hand Armenia acts against the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs and the whole process of negotiation. That’s why there is no progress in the negotiation process. Azerbaijan has repeatedly said that Armenia’s impunity syndrome must be ended and all necessary political and diplomatic pressures must be put on Armenia to urge it to be serious about the negotiations.
Related news releases
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations
- 23.09.2017OSCE PA’s Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue – FM Mammadyarov
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never reconcile with occupation of its territories
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 03.03.2017EU, Azerbaijan set for new round of talks
- 03.03.2017Malena Mard's tenure as EU Delegation head in Azerbaijan coming to end - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017Russian ombudsperson to ask Azerbaijani counterpart to meet Lapshin
- 02.03.2017Ghulam M. Isaczai: Azerbaijan and UN need each other - INTERVIEW
- 02.03.2017Russia: Lapshin has no complaints about detention conditions
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on March 6-7