Hajiyev: Much of ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country - INTERVIEW
APA’s interview with Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev
Q. How would you comment on the latest statement of Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian?
A. We wouldn’t have liked to spoil Edward Nalbandian's mood of anniversary as he tried to boast in front of his colleagues and spoke about the “successful” foreign policy of Armenia on Diplomat's Day celebrated in the country. However, Armenia became more isolated during during Nalbandian's 8 years in office. Much of the ‘credit’ goes to Nalbandian for Armenia being unreliable, frivolous country having no position. In general, it is clear for everyone, especially the Armenian people that the military dictatorship in Armenia is rapidly leading the country to disaster and recession.
Q. Nalbandian predicts that by the end of the year at least one country would recognize the so-called regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. What do you think of it?
A. The whole international community recognizes and supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders. The UN Security Council resolutions that are the basis of the settlement of the conflict reaffirm Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty, and once again underline the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by the use of force. The illegitimate regime created in the Azerbaijani territories as a result military aggression of Armenia has not been and will never be recognized by any state. Instead of doing provocations, Armenia must join the efforts to ensure lasting peace in the region.
Q. While the negotiations to settle the conflict are ongoing, what do you think Armenia is trying to achieve by holding an illegal referendum, sending ambassadors to the occupied lands, attempts to recognize the illegitimate regime, and committing provocations at the front line?
A. This is clearly indicative of Armenia’s involvement in the talks being unserious and imitative. Armenia’s primary goal is to annex the occupied Azerbaijani lands.
On one hand, the Armenian FM is hypocritically talking about his country’s involvement in the OSCE Minsk Group-mediated negotiations, on the other hand Armenia acts against the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs and the whole process of negotiation. That’s why there is no progress in the negotiation process. Azerbaijan has repeatedly said that Armenia’s impunity syndrome must be ended and all necessary political and diplomatic pressures must be put on Armenia to urge it to be serious about the negotiations.
Related news releases
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev phoned Hassan Rouhani
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Colombia
- 29.05.2017Hassan Rouhani sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 29.05.2017NATO PA spring session ends in Tbilisi
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Hungary
- 29.05.2017Azerbaijan, Russia start joint cross-border operation
- 29.05.2017Utah State Senate signs citation recognizing Azerbaijan Republic Day
- 29.05.2017May 28 recognized as “Azerbaijan National Day” by California State Legislators
- 27.05.2017Emperor of Japan sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter of condolence to Egyptian counterpart
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 03.03.2017EU, Azerbaijan set for new round of talks
- 03.03.2017Malena Mard's tenure as EU Delegation head in Azerbaijan coming to end - UPDATED
- 03.03.2017Russian ombudsperson to ask Azerbaijani counterpart to meet Lapshin
- 02.03.2017Ghulam M. Isaczai: Azerbaijan and UN need each other - INTERVIEW
- 02.03.2017Russia: Lapshin has no complaints about detention conditions
- 02.03.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on March 6-7