Morocco and Azerbaijan faced aggression, says minister
The relationship between Azerbaijan and Morocco has a strong basis, Morocco’s Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Nasser Bourita said on March 5.
“My visit to Azerbaijan has created a great opportunity for continuation of political consultations. We have a similar position regarding a number of issues. Our relationship has a strong basis. We coordinate our relations in regional and international levels,” Nasser Bourita told a joint press conference with his Azerbaijani counterpart in Baku on March 5, APA reports.
Bourita said that both countries have extensive experience in the development of modern Islam, the fight against terrorism and Islamophobia.
“We are leading in a number of areas within these processes. During the negotiations, we agreed that bilateral consultations should be continued. We want political relations to become as strong as economic ones. For this purpose, there should be a legal framework. Numerous agreements should also be signed in order to strengthen bilateral ties,” he noted.
The minister added that the relations with Azerbaijan are based on solidarity and mutual support.
“It also concerns the conflicts. Both Morocco and Azerbaijan have faced aggression, and this is a very important issue for both countries. Our relations are based on UN resolutions. Our position expressed loyalty to the protection of the territorial integrity,” Bourita said.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 05.03.2018FM: Countries supporting Azerbaijan in OIC tend to abstain in other organizations
- 05.03.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit Belarus - envoy
- 05.03.2018Petro Poroshenko offers condolences to Ilham Aliyev
- 05.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan actively fighting wide-spread Islamophobia across the world
- 05.03.2018Discussion on Azerbaijan held at annual conference of influential U.S.-based Jewish organization
- 05.03.2018Indian external affairs minister express condolences over deadly fire at Baku rehab center