Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
"In recent years, Azerbaijan has become one of the recognized centers of interethnic, interreligious and intercivilizational dialogue in the world," Azerbaijan's First Vice-President, president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Mehriban Aliyeva stated it at the ceremony to present the Order of the saint Equal to the Apostles Duchess Olga of the 2nd Degree, a high order of the Russian Orthodox Church, APA reports.
Mehriban Aliyeva noted that authoritative international forums are regularly held in Baku aimed at creating mutual understanding and mutual respect: "In 2010, with your high participation in the capital of our Motherland, the World Summit of Religious Leaders was held. In 2006, the 7th Global Forum of the UN Alliance of Civilizations was held in Baku. On December 21 of this year there was a forum dedicated to the "Year of Islamic Solidarity" and the theme of this forum was again the creation of a dialogue between peoples, between representatives of various religions. Taking this opportunity, I want to express my deep gratitude to you for your message to this forum and for the high representation of the Russian Orthodox Church."
"We are a country that highly respects its roots, its traditions, its history. But, at the same time, we are a country open to the world. We want to build friendly relations with other states and other countries, and relations between Russia and Azerbaijan are built today on the basis of good-neighborliness, mutual respect and friendship. Azerbaijan and Russia are strategic partners, and our cooperation in the humanitarian sphere occupies a very important part in this partnership, of course. We have a huge layer of common cultural heritage, and our cooperation in the humanitarian sphere was formed in those years when Azerbaijan and Russia were still part of one state. It is very gratifying that after the restoration of independence, Azerbaijan not only has not lost, but, on the contrary, has multiplied this potential. Today in Azerbaijan there is an inexhaustible interest in the great Russian literature and culture. In schools, the study of the Russian language is fully preserved. We have 300 schools in the country, even more than 300 schools, where the educational process takes place entirely in Russian. In the capital there are the Azerbaijan State Russian Drama Theater, Baku Slavic University. The trend of opening branches of the leading Russian universities in Azerbaijan - we have a very successful branch of the Moscow State University named after Lomonosov, a branch of the First Moscow Medical University named after Sechenov - this is another example of our successful cooperation. We have very warm, friendly relations with the Astrakhan region. This is our friend, this is our neighbor and here is a great example of successful cooperation. Of particular importance to us is the discovery, the erection in 2013 of a monument to Saint Equal-to-the-Apostles Prince Vladimir. The best Azerbaijani artists and architects worked on the creation of this monument. Within a year they created a magnificent monument, which expresses our deep respect for the Russian Orthodox Church."
Speaking at the award ceremony, Patriarch Kirill said: "I would like to thank you heartily for the hard work you are carrying. You play a very important role in the life of your country and your people. But as a man with so many talents and remarkable spiritual qualities, you also do a lot outside of your homeland. And today the award was given to you for your assistance in the activities of the Russian Orthodox Church and for your special participation in the life of the city of Astrakhan."
"When I visited Astrakhan, I was told a lot about many things, but probably most of all I was told about you and how much good you did for this city. That is why, being in Astrakhan, I decided to honor you with the Order of the Russian Orthodox Church of the Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Princess Olga, who was the grandmother of Prince Vladimir. The very same Prince Vladimir, who baptized Rus, and which, in fact, played a decisive role in the formation of a unified Russian state. I would like to express my gratitude to you, wish you God's help in your labors, good health, successes in your political and professional activities, and through your efforts of your esteemed spouse-prosperity to the entire Azerbaijani people. I am glad to meet you and have the opportunity to express to you my respect, appreciation and give you a high award, " Patriarch Kirill said.
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 26.12.2017Russian officials congratulate Azerbaijani president on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Turkish PM sends letter to Azerbaijani President