Mammadyarov: Four-sided meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Turkish and Georgian FMs to help develop regional co-op
At the meeting, Mammadyarov voiced his satisfaction with the high level development of friendly and strategic partnership relations between Azerbaijan and Georgia in all spheres.
Saying that the two countries' views coincide on regional issues and that they support each other within the international organizations, Mammadyarov noted the existence and importance of mutually beneficial cooperation between the two countries in economic, transport and energy spheres.
Touching upon the four-sided meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Turkish and Georgian foreign ministers to be held in Baku on March 15, the minister said that this meeting is a new format that would give impetus to the comprehensive development of regional cooperation between the countries.
Expressing satisfaction with his visit to Azerbaijan, Izoria said that he had a very interesting and useful meeting with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
Noting that the strategic partnership and friendship between Azerbaijan and Georgia are important for the stability of the region, the Georgian minister underlined the existence of a broad spectrum of bilateral relations and a comprehensive program of cooperation between the two countries in the defense sector.
At the meeting it was noted that the Azerbaijan-Georgia cooperation in the defense and security sectors serves to ensure regional peace and stability, particularly effective organization of large-scale transport and energy projects with the participation of the two countries.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 09.03.2018OSCE/ODIHR formally opens its observation mission for presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 09.03.2018OSCE/ODIHR announces plan for election observation in Azerbaijan
- 09.03.2018OSCE/ ODIHR mission don’t police elections – Corien Jonker
- 09.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with foreign policy adviser to Japanese PM
- 09.03.2018European Parliament not to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Georgia Defense Minister to visit Azerbaijan