Azerbaijani, Montenegrin FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
Azerbaiajn’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with his Montenegrin counterpart Srdjan Darmanovic in Baku on Thursday.
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the development of friendly relations between Azerbaijan and Montenegro and stressed that high-level mutual visits provide substantial impetus for the development of bilateral cooperation between the two countries, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
Darmanovic underlined that Azerbaijan plays constructive and stabilizing role in the region and his country highly appreciates regular high-level dialogue between the parties.
The ministers mentioned the importance of the documents signed between the two countries.
Mammadyarov noted the recently launched Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway and said that this strategically important project is the shortest and most affordable way to connect Europe with Asia. Darmanovic congratulated Azerbaijani side for launching of this strategic project.
During the meeting, the cooperation in energy field between the two countries, Southern Gas Corridor and in this regards, strategic importance of TANAP and TAP projects was noted.
The sides commended activity of Azerbaijani companies in Montenegro and mentioned that strengthening of cooperation in this direction is in the interests of both countries. They also stressed the importance of holding business forums in order to promote mutual investments and increase trade turnover between the two countries. The prospects of bilateral cooperation in the fields of tourism, science-education, sport-youth, technology were also discussed.
Ministers noted that Joint Commission on economic cooperation between Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and Government of Montenegro is significant platform for the development of cooperation in various fields.
Mammadyarov touched upon the latest negotiations process on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and reiterated just position of Azerbaijan on settlement based on the norms and principles of international law and the Helsinki Final Act.
Darmanovic said that his country supports the peaceful settlement of the conflict within the framework of the OSCE Minsk Group on the basis of UN Security Council resolutions.
During the meeting, the sides exchanged views on the cooperation within the international organizations and regional issues of mutual interest.
A one-on-one meeting between Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov and Montenegrin Foreign Minister Srdjan Darmanovic, who is on a visit to Baku, kicked off.
The meeting will be continued in an expanded format with the participation of the two countries’ delegations, APA reported.
The foreign ministers is scheduled to hold a joint press conference following the talks.
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to install first border marks in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Japanese PM Shinzo Abe on re-election
- 02.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: In relations with Russia, no issue awaiting solution
- 02.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Italian Senate VP - UPDATED
- 02.11.2017Montenegro interested in TAP project – FM
- 02.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, Montenegro enjoy good relations within int’l organizations
- 02.11.2017Azerbaijan – a strategic partner for Montenegro: FM Darmanovic